Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Model Not Publicly Available
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model Not Publicly Available [message #48460] Tue, 15 May 2012 16:59 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
EDIT - Just minutes after posting this all was back in order again... !

You guys are killing me....

Now, when I'm logged in and viewing my own models, every single model that is unchecked "Display to the Public" has a nice black sign with white lettering saying that "This model is no longer publicly available"

Clicking on the model itself some will open up and show the model others just show an even bigger black sign.

A real mess.... and on top of that the models that do appear STILL don't show the most recent model upload...

Glenn

[Updated on: Tue, 15 May 2012 17:15 UTC]

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #48464 is a reply to message #48460 ] Tue, 15 May 2012 17:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Glenn,

Can you be a bit more specific please? Where are the big black letters appearing? Are you seeing this in edit mode?

If you are UNchecking 'Display to Public' you actually don't want it to be available, so I'm not clear as to why "This model is no longer publicly available" is confusing.

I am just trying to replicate what you see so we can fix it...

Thank you!

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #48476 is a reply to message #48464 ] Tue, 15 May 2012 19:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Great!

I think with the new dynamically updating site, some changes do take a few minutes.

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #48477 is a reply to message #48460 ] Tue, 15 May 2012 20:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I wish I could replicate it! All I know is the "sign" was the standard one you use when you (Shapeways) take off a model for whatever reason, but there is still a link to it. I've seen it before on other people's stores. And, no, I wasn't doing ANYTHING to my store other than just looking at the models and checking a few things out then all of a sudden this happened. Within 10 or 15 minutes the problem just went away.

Glenn

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #48481 is a reply to message #48477 ] Tue, 15 May 2012 20:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sometimes, (on any site) when refreshing your browser, not all the CSS gets reloaded properly. I wonder if what you were seeing was caused by something similar.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #48857 is a reply to message #48460 ] Thu, 24 May 2012 16:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Aha! - It happened again just minutes ago.
And just to show you I'm not crazy (well, let's not discuss that!) I took a screenshot.

And in the time it's taken me to paste this into photo-editing prog, save and locate this old thread and write this the models are still showing the same state. So, this is not a momentary glitch.

Tada!

index.php?t=getfile&id=17151&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 24 May 2012 16:47 UTC]

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #49085 is a reply to message #48460 ] Tue, 29 May 2012 16:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Glenn,

I just checked and it seems the models are loading fine. Could you confirm?

If this happens again (3rd times a charm?) it's definitely not just a refresh glitch so we'll get bug fixers on it.

Thank you for letting us know!

Natalia

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #49114 is a reply to message #48460 ] Tue, 29 May 2012 20:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Haven't had the same problem for a while but will let you know if it happens again... now if we could just get the model upload refresh sorted out Confused

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #49476 is a reply to message #48460 ] Wed, 06 June 2012 15:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Okay, just had this happen to me again. Interestingly, though, two of the models are showing correctly, all the others are marked "not publicly available".

This is not a momentary glitch, either. It goes on for many minutes.

Also, if I click on an item on My Orders page I still get that same "not publicly available" image instead of the model thumbnail.

Glenn

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50226 is a reply to message #48460 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Glenn,

We made some updates and changes to model inventory this past week - can you confirm if this is still happening?

Or did it get fixed with last weeks release?

Thank you!

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50230 is a reply to message #48460 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I haven't seen this occur since my last message so figners crosed (not easy to type then Very Happy )

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50271 is a reply to message #48460 ] Sat, 23 June 2012 14:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
It's still happening:

index.php?t=getfile&id=17829&private=0

Quite a nuisance! I only have a few non-public models, but if someboday has a lot of them...

If Shapeways wants to mark models as non-public, you can do that by less obstructive means.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50276 is a reply to message #50271 ] Sat, 23 June 2012 17:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Go to "My Shop" and then follow the link "View Public Shop"

At least they seem to be displaying for customers:
index.php?t=getfile&id=17831&private=0

• Attachment: screencap.jpg
    (Size: 43.07KB, Downloaded 236 time(s))

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50342 is a reply to message #48460 ] Mon, 25 June 2012 15:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Karl,

I just had a look and it appears normal - can you confirm this?

Often, as it was for some of the above posters, its a matter of refresh time.

The message did used to say "Model uploading" with a pixelated blue image instead of "Model not publicly available" so as we improve the site, we are trying to bring that message back, as it is more accurate.

Thanks!
Natalia

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50350 is a reply to message #48460 ] Mon, 25 June 2012 19:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tbmod  is currently offline Tbmod
Go to my shop
I have two id's on shapeways this one which has mostly things for my own use and very few public models and Tebee which has most of my public facing models plus some that are commissions for other people.

Now on this ID (tbmod)everything displays as normal but on the other ID(tebee) any model that is not displayed to the public is now showing the black "Model not publicly available" image.

This is also affecting one of my customers who buys some of the private models and can no longer see what he is buying !

Strangely enough I have spoken to one other customer who also has some private models and he does not have this problem.

It would appear to be some sort of cookie problem as if I access my Tebee models logged on in a Chrome incognito window I see them all displayed as normal.

Tom
Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50354 is a reply to message #50350 ] Mon, 25 June 2012 19:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
Hello Natalia

Right now, it looks good.

I don't think it has anything to do with something I did. Some of the blacked-out models have been there for some time and I remeber having seen them

Greetings
Karl Heinz
Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50355 is a reply to message #50342 ] Mon, 25 June 2012 20:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
natalia wrote on Mon, 25 June 2012 15:29

The message did used to say "Model uploading" with a pixelated blue image instead of "Model not publicly available" so as we improve the site, we are trying to bring that message back, as it is more accurate.

Natalia

Nope, definitely not an error that pops up with model uploading. Like others, I experienced this for no apparent reason and on at least one occasion it lasted for hours.

Though, as I said before, I haven't seen this error since my last mention of it.

Glenn

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50400 is a reply to message #48460 ] Tue, 26 June 2012 17:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I had this problem this morning, and noticed something that may or may not be attributed. Normally I use Firefox's reload previous session every day as I did today. Which keeps me logged into the forums, but usually when I leave the forums it asks me to log in. I didn't see it this morning (nor did I notice it until later today when I tried to upload a model). So if you guys could check to see if 1) it has your user name in the top right, like it should if you're logged in, and 2) try going to another part of the site, like upload, that requires you to be logged in. If it does ask you to log in, log in, go back to your models and see if they are displayed properly. After it asking me to log in, and logging in, my images now show properly.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50642 is a reply to message #50400 ] Sat, 30 June 2012 05:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
I'm getting this same thing all over my Models all the sudden. Crying or Very Sad
Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50791 is a reply to message #50400 ] Wed, 04 July 2012 09:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I had the same this morning

index.php?t=getfile&id=18193&private=0

So I followed Mike's advise (sort of) - I logged out, closed IE, which also clears cookies, opened IE, logged back into Shapeways and everything was back to normal.

I'm guessing it's something to do with a session cookie as my internet connection flaked out whilst I was logged in, I reconnected before uploading a new model (without loggin out or in of Shapeways), and that's when the above occured.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 July 2012 09:51 UTC]

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50866 is a reply to message #48460 ] Thu, 05 July 2012 18:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Yep!

After Michael pointed it out, I reported it to bugs and it confirmed their suspicion that it was a logged out/in exception that was causing this to happen.

So the quick fix for now is : Make sure you are logged in.
and the permanent fix is in the works for it not to matter whether you are logged in or out.

Thanks for the feedback guys, and good sleuthing.

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #50873 is a reply to message #50791 ] Thu, 05 July 2012 18:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Making sure you're logged in is not necessarily correct - see below.

Not being logged in makes no difference, as a designer will not be able to see their own private models anyway.

stop4stuff wrote on Wed, 04 July 2012 09:50

I had the same this morning

index.php?t=getfile&id=18193&private=0

So I followed Mike's advise (sort of) - I logged out, closed IE, which also clears cookies, opened IE, logged back into Shapeways and everything was back to normal.

I'm guessing it's something to do with a session cookie as my internet connection flaked out whilst I was logged in, I reconnected before uploading a new model (without loggin out or in of Shapeways), and that's when the above occured.

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #51088 is a reply to message #48460 ] Mon, 09 July 2012 19:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi guys,

Just an update, this bug was fixed with this weeks release!

As always, thank you for the feedback as we continue to improve!

Best,
Natalia

Re: Model Not Publicly Available [message #51089 is a reply to message #48460 ] Mon, 09 July 2012 19:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
YAY!!
Very Happy

Previous Topic:unsubscribe process?
Next Topic:Running total

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.