Home » Community » Introductions » Where are 3d candle making machines?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon12.gif  Where are 3d candle making machines? [message #50981] Sat, 07 July 2012 20:04 UTC Go to next message
avatar acumagnet  is currently offline acumagnet
Go to all my models
I don't want everything made out of abs plastic. Has anyone come up with designs that can incorporate other materials?
Re: Where are 3d candle making machines? [message #51033 is a reply to message #50981 ] Mon, 09 July 2012 03:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for.. Shapeways has materials from Gypsum, to Nylon, even Steel and Glass.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Where are 3d candle making machines? [message #54710 is a reply to message #50981 ] Mon, 01 October 2012 20:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jasoncmcg  is currently offline jasoncmcg
Go to my shop
That's an awesome idea.
Print a candle design?

I think the challenge in this for printing would be getting the wick in there.
Re: Where are 3d candle making machines? [message #54733 is a reply to message #54710 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 12:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
You could just leave a hole and pass the wick through it after printing. That's the way those cheap tealights are done.

Greetings
Dragoman
Re: Where are 3d candle making machines? [message #54740 is a reply to message #50981 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 12:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Or you could make a mold to pour the wax into.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:New guy question
Next Topic:Newbie doesn't begin to describe me

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.