Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Introductions » Building a robotic hand
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Building a robotic hand [message #50635] Sat, 30 June 2012 01:00 UTC
avatar Anthromod  is currently offline Anthromod
Go to my shop
Hi. I've been working on a series of robotic hands, that are 3d printed. You may have seen my work featured on shapeways, on the blog boingboing, or a few others.

http://images.cdn1.shapeways.com/model/picture/640x476_563963_176883_1338413389.jpg

I've moved from designing parts that are screwed together (Mk1), to parts that are printed in place (Mk2). I have recently started an indiegogo campaign in order to try and fund my Mk3 hand.

One thing that may appeal to fellow shapeways users is that I intend to make the covers for the hand open for anyone to design their own versions. This way you could design whatever style you like, whilst knowing that it can still move afterwards.
You can make the hand look human, robotic, alien etc etc.

If you're interested in this project, and want to see just how far we can push 3D printing, then take a look at the indiegogo campaign. Show anyone that you think may be interested.

Also the campaign video isn't the best. My partner gave birth and I haven't had time to put together something better. I plan to update it as the design work comes along.

Previous Topic:Gidday from Down Under
Next Topic:Hello from a retired Kodak engineer

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.