Home » Support » 3D Design » Not attached?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Not attached? [message #50478] Wed, 27 June 2012 22:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar iSay  is currently offline iSay
Go to my shop
Hi,

I recently had a model rejected due to certain features not being attached. How can I resolve this?

I don't understand how they're not attached to the rest of the model.

If anyone can help I've attached the x3d file.

Thanks

• Attachment: cuperror.zip
    (Size: 21.91KB, Downloaded 37 time(s))

-iSay
www.shapeways.com/shops/icraft
Re: Not attached? [message #50479 is a reply to message #50478 ] Wed, 27 June 2012 23:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Just imported the file into blender and it does seem be be detached - how does this happen? It seems fine in blender, but the exported x3d file messes up.

-iSay
Re: Not attached? [message #50521 is a reply to message #50478 ] Thu, 28 June 2012 13:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
It's hard to tell without the original file. How did it become detached? is there missing geometry?

I tried opening your x3d and my blender says 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 48: ordinal not in range(128)

I'm lucky if I could draw a line in blender so I have no idea what that means.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Not attached? [message #50524 is a reply to message #50521 ] Thu, 28 June 2012 13:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Thu, 28 June 2012 13:10

It's hard to tell without the original file. How did it become detached? is there missing geometry?

I tried opening your x3d and my blender says 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 48: ordinal not in range(128)

I'm lucky if I could draw a line in blender so I have no idea what that means.

That's the thing, I don't know why it became detached. I don't think it happens when I export it to an obj file, just x3d for some reason. But I need export it to x3d for the textures.

I'm completely baffled by this.

I just downloaded the x3d file and didn't get any errors, do you need the blend file? It's attached if so.

• Attachment: cup2.blend
    (Size: 617.60KB, Downloaded 26 time(s))

-iSay
Re: Not attached? [message #50525 is a reply to message #50478 ] Thu, 28 June 2012 13:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Looks like maybe it was because I was using an older version, but I opened your blend file in 2.59 and all I see is wires, no faces?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: Not attached? [message #50526 is a reply to message #50525 ] Thu, 28 June 2012 13:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Could be an issue of an older version of blender, I'm using 2.63. There's definitely faces. Very Happy

-iSay
Re: Not attached? [message #50531 is a reply to message #50478 ] Thu, 28 June 2012 14:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Alright downloaded 2.63. Like I said, no blender expert here. I imported your x3d and I'm not seeing any detatched pieces, but I see that it is not 1. Like I can select pieces of it. Is that what you mean? if so, I don't think I can help you further, need a blender person to step in.

Re: Not attached? [message #50534 is a reply to message #50531 ] Thu, 28 June 2012 14:30 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Yea, I assume that's the issue I'm having with printing. Those pieces being separate is making it not watertight? The original is whole. Like I said, I'm at a complete loss.

I've e-mailed shapeways and hope they can help me resolve this.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort mate.

-iSay

Previous Topic:Would this pendant work? (Both technical and design wise)
Next Topic:Making a hole in Meshlab

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.