Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » It arrived! » crushed from the packing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
crushed from the packing [message #50185] Fri, 22 June 2012 12:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar nvrr49  is currently offline nvrr49
Go to my shop
The items looks like it probably started out alright, but in shipping it collapsed under the lack of support with in.Foam peanuts would have worked much better than bubble wrap. What I have is not usable.

• Attachment: DSC_0059.JPG
    (Size: 1.08MB, Downloaded 251 time(s))

Re: crushed from the packing [message #50190 is a reply to message #50185 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 13:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
That's no good. Email service, they should be able to help you out.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: crushed from the packing [message #50387 is a reply to message #50185 ] Tue, 26 June 2012 15:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Maethius  is currently offline Maethius
Go to all my models
Could this also have been affected by temperature during shipping? Those are some seriously thin pieces, but I haven't ready anything about the effects of temperature on the materials used in 3D printing.
Re: crushed from the packing [message #50429 is a reply to message #50387 ] Wed, 27 June 2012 09:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
That looks like steady pressure has deformed the shape. I have had that problem when I have packed some of my models in foam too tightly.

FUD and other materials are softened by heat, e.g.by putting them in hot water, so that could have played a role, too.
This also can be an advantage, you could dip the model in hot water and straighten it out.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Previous Topic:Normandy Scenery
Next Topic:Mercedes L 1000 Express (1:32)

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.