Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » Studychips
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Studychips [message #49981] Mon, 18 June 2012 21:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Racer X  is currently offline Racer X
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=17717&private=0Hi Folks,

I just opened my shop. Heres is a picture of my stuff.....so far. Much more to come over the next few weeks.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 June 2012 17:49 UTC]

Racer X
Re: Studychips [message #50019 is a reply to message #49981 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 16:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Nice. You've been busy! - Looks like DaVinci's brain exploded in your hands!

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Studychips [message #50095 is a reply to message #50019 ] Wed, 20 June 2012 10:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks!

You shop and products looks awesome!

So how to did you make your banner stretch across the page? My banner is centered and I want it to stretch across too. When I emailed Shapeways they said that was the default.

I am new to all this, and I see a lot of pros like you with "not for sale" items in your shops. These items are really great. Are they not for sale because they are a private customer?

Racer X
Re: Studychips [message #50110 is a reply to message #49981 ] Wed, 20 June 2012 16:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The banner looks like that because your actual image is centred on a 960 x 125 pixel graphic (who seem to have a lot of white space). You need to go into a graphic programme, create a new image at the above dimensions, then work on that to get what you want. Once done, simply upload and, bingo, it should fit across your page...

And, yes, a lot of my models are private and either the customer orders directly from me or from here with a link I supply.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Studychips [message #50136 is a reply to message #50110 ] Thu, 21 June 2012 02:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks Glenn,

I was messing with it and I see what you mean. I'll tweak it further later. I sincerely appreciate the advice.

Rick

Racer X
Re: Studychips [message #50268 is a reply to message #49981 ] Sat, 23 June 2012 11:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Wow, that's an awesome hand full of science Nod

Btw, you can embed the image in your post using the small image icon above the edit box, it will generate code like this:

[img]http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=17717&[/img]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Studychips [message #50277 is a reply to message #50268 ] Sat, 23 June 2012 17:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks Virtox,

You know have been trying to figure how to embed the image. But when I used the small icon your mention it opens the box beginning with http://.

But what should I insert after that? Do I post the image on a website and the use the link in after http://?

Or am I over thinking it, and its easier than that?

Racer X
Re: Studychips [message #50278 is a reply to message #49981 ] Sat, 23 June 2012 17:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sorry, weekend tiredness, I was indeed thinking of external files.

If you click edit on your first post, you will see a link near the attachment that says
Insert image into message body
And it will generate and add the code for you Smile

Cheers.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 June 2012 17:48 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Studychips [message #50279 is a reply to message #50278 ] Sat, 23 June 2012 17:51 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
AWESOME!

No that was my fault for not paying attention to detail. It was right there in front of me and you helped me see it.

Thank you so much. Cool

Racer X

Previous Topic:Baby Foot Pendant
Next Topic:Phamora in Glazed Ceramics!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.