Home » Support » Buying » Contacting a customer?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Contacting a customer? [message #50149] Thu, 21 June 2012 13:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar pdb  is currently offline pdb
Go to all my models
Heya

So all of a sudden i sold 3 items, great news:

One of the items has a had a bit of a bad review:

really smart, nice idea, but doesn't make a great case. It's very loose fitting and the cutouts in the back get caught on everything.
Flag as inappropriate
2012-06-19 17:23:54 by mikelite

Is there anyway i contact the customer so i can offer him an updated design at my expense ? Plus i would like photo's as I dont have any fitting issues with my test prints.
I dont have a mark-up on my items so the sale doesnt appear in my shop.

Thanks

boop
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50150 is a reply to message #50149 ] Thu, 21 June 2012 13:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
Since you know his username:

"Private Messaging" --> "New Message"

... and copy his username into the "To:" input form.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 June 2012 13:50 UTC]

Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50158 is a reply to message #50149 ] Thu, 21 June 2012 19:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Piers!

You can add a comment below his asking for photos, and you can certainly always order your own designs.

Definitely consider adding a markup to your designs! You took the time to design your products and open a shop, you should be rewarded so you can keep designing!

Check out our Shop Owner tips for some helpful ideas:
http://www.shapeways.com/betashops/how_to_promote_your_shop

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50164 is a reply to message #50158 ] Thu, 21 June 2012 20:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
hi Natalia,

Do commetors get notified of comments on a model after they've commented?

Cheers,
Paul
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50209 is a reply to message #50149 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 16:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Yes they do!

If someone leaves a comment on your model, you get emailed an automatic notification so you can respond if necessary.

Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50217 is a reply to message #50209 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 18:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
natalia wrote on Fri, 22 June 2012 16:53

Yes they do!

If someone leaves a comment on your model, you get emailed an automatic notification so you can respond if necessary.

Yes, that is right, however, once the commentor has left a comment on a designer's model, does the commentor get a notification once the designer replies?

To ask in a different way, if I leave a comment on pbd's models, will I get a reply when pbd replies?

Cheers,
Paul
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50220 is a reply to message #50217 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Fri, 22 June 2012 18:23

once the commentor has left a comment on a designer's model, does the commentor get a notification once the designer replies?

I can confirm that the commentor does not get a notification if the designer replies with another comment.
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50221 is a reply to message #50149 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Beat me to it!

Indeed. We only notify the designer, not the commentator.

Ideally, if you had started a conversation (as a commentator) you'd want to check to see if it was still going!

Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50227 is a reply to message #50221 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I know I should put this up on UserVioce, however as this topic is here, could a 2 way communication feedback system be implimented so that designers and customers could have a raport to resolve any issues, and/or the opportunity for a designer to point the customer in the right direction for a damaged/mis-printed model?

Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50229 is a reply to message #50221 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
natalia wrote on Fri, 22 June 2012 19:14

Ideally, if you had started a conversation (as a commentator) you'd want to check to see if it was still going!

Same in the forum, pos ? Wink

As long as it's (also) possible to send the commentator a PM, it's not really a problem.
But since we can get notifications about almost everything (if we want)...

At least it should be easier to contact other Shapies.
We have a "Send Message" button on the shop page, but not on the user details page.
( shapeways.com/designer/UserName )

[Updated on: Sat, 30 June 2012 20:43 UTC]

Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50232 is a reply to message #50149 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 20:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Would it be feasible to make the name of the commenter a pm link ?
To save us the trouble of going to the forum and copy paste the name to send a pm in reply to a comment/query?

[Updated on: Fri, 22 June 2012 20:15 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50234 is a reply to message #50232 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 21:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, yes...
But I would prefer a pm link on the user details page.

The commentator's profile image is linked to this page, and hey, one mouse-click more or less...
Re: Contacting a customer? [message #50236 is a reply to message #50149 ] Fri, 22 June 2012 21:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Oops missed both your last post and the fact the avatar was a link to the user page :-S

tgif Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 22 June 2012 21:12 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -

Previous Topic:Can I turn off my computer while my upload is being processed
Next Topic:order 126090 cancelled

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.