Home » Support » 3D Design » How would I soften this mesh edge
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How would I soften this mesh edge [message #49174] Wed, 30 May 2012 01:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar Flubber  is currently offline Flubber
Go to all my models
index.php?t=getfile&id=17266&private=0Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to soften this edge. I have used a mesh offset command in Rhino 3D to create this solid, and would like to round it smooth. Looks like Rhino 3D has no commands for this. Can any body enlighten me as to how to get this done.

Thanks Flubber.

• Attachment: EDGE.bmp
    (Size: 6.09MB, Downloaded 282 time(s))

Re: How would I soften this mesh edge [message #49525 is a reply to message #49174 ] Thu, 07 June 2012 14:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Theres a way to do it in zbrush. post the model as a .obj and Ill do it for you. Polygons will be altered but visually it will remain the same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: How would I soften this mesh edge [message #49526 is a reply to message #49174 ] Thu, 07 June 2012 14:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Try this

index.php?t=getfile&id=17485&private=0

and then on the tool bar on top enter a value for the fillet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: How would I soften this mesh edge [message #50001 is a reply to message #49174 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 12:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I could be wrong, Sal, but I think that only works on polygon solids and not on meshes... And please feel free to correct me if I am wrong since this is something I have tried to do in the past.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: How would I soften this mesh edge [message #50045 is a reply to message #50001 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 20:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
OMG your right, the fix i previously gave is for a solid and not a mesh. Check out this video, this smooths out the mesh corners but can also over smooth the entire mesh. This might be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4DPO5aNnto

[Updated on: Tue, 19 June 2012 20:16 UTC]

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: How would I soften this mesh edge [message #50049 is a reply to message #50001 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 20:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop

Good catch lensman.

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
Re: How would I soften this mesh edge [message #50114 is a reply to message #49174 ] Wed, 20 June 2012 16:38 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
No prob and thanks for that link. Useful for other things it showed me, as well. I've subscribed so I can check out other vid's later.

I'm going to PM you with a question...

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:iPod/iPhone Cases
Next Topic:Blender render and Shapeways render not in agreement

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.