Home » Shapeways » Official Announcements » Introducing The Vibe
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Introducing The Vibe [message #45264] Sat, 10 March 2012 19:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
We just launched something really cool (yes, this would be our 2nd launch this week...), and I wanted to take a chance to loop you all in.

This weekend me and the Shapeways team are at SXSW in Austin to launch The Vibe, a new creator in collaboration with Soundcloud. Soundcloud lets people share sounds, and on their site the waveform is an essential part of the experience. Using the app we just launched, you can take the waveform of your favorite sound and get it 3D printed into an iPhone case on Shapeways.

What I think is most exciting about this is how this shows another creative passionate community (Soundcloud musicians) what it is we can do when we combine forces. We're hoping this does awesome things for the awareness people have of 3D printing and ultimately, of the creative force that is all of you guys.

Eager to hear what you think!

[Updated on: Sat, 10 March 2012 19:18 UTC]

Community Manager | Shapeways

icon13.gif  Re: Introducing The Vibe [message #46381 is a reply to message #45264 ] Tue, 03 April 2012 15:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar itsmemark  is currently offline itsmemark
Go to all my models
Just bought one of these and not happy at all, been absolutley robbed

Great idea, VERY VERY poorly executed. The plastic the case is made of scratched the aluminium outer of my phone, very difficult to fit, No cushion if the phone is dropped, plastic feels very cheap, and the peaks on the back of music that has been printed catches on EVERYTHING, pockets, fingers, you name it and it is a matter of time before they snap off, should be printed onto a see through backing that will protect the back of the iphone and keep the peaks and troughs of music attached. The case also doesn't actually fit properly

Avoid like the plague Sad
Re: Introducing The Vibe [message #46382 is a reply to message #46381 ] Tue, 03 April 2012 15:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
As far as the case being a tight fit, that may be something customer service can help you out with. Email them at service@shapeways.com . They should fit snug, but not cause damage to your device in the process.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Introducing The Vibe [message #46389 is a reply to message #46382 ] Tue, 03 April 2012 15:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
thanks for the reply, any thoughts on the rest of it? quality for £30? the fact the peaks and troughs of the printed music catch on everything?

It is a nice idea but holds very poor functionality as an actual case
Re: Introducing The Vibe [message #46391 is a reply to message #45264 ] Tue, 03 April 2012 15:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
As a show piece, I like it. I beat up phones some how, so my last 2 phones I've purchased Otter Box cases. I see for me it would cost around $25. Not sure if that includes shipping or not. But that is about the average price of a 3D printed iPhone case on Shapeways. As far as it catching on things, perhaps that is something that can be remedied in the creator software to make it better supported. Include all your thoughts in your email, your feedback is greatly appreciated, and they can best remedy the situation.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Introducing The Vibe [message #46393 is a reply to message #46391 ] Tue, 03 April 2012 15:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
agreed, great showpiece, but would have been nice to have expected a showpiece and not a functional day to day case
Re: Introducing The Vibe [message #46439 is a reply to message #45264 ] Wed, 04 April 2012 12:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ChristelH  is currently offline ChristelH
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Mark,

I have also received your email about this and just sent you a feedback on this.

Kindly,
Christel Hagens
Customer Service Agent
www.shapeways.com

Best, Christel Maurmair Customer Service Agent Shapeways
Re: Introducing The Vibe [message #49861 is a reply to message #46389 ] Fri, 15 June 2012 08:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DarioScapittaDesign  is currently offline DarioScapittaDesign
Go to my shop
I would like to know who is "wendyss"!!!

He has commented my post in "General Discussion", but now is disappeared, just repeating what I've wrote., and here again.

Many people have nothing to do!!

Dario

Dario Scapitta Design
www.darioscapittadesign.com
Re: Introducing The Vibe [message #49862 is a reply to message #49861 ] Fri, 15 June 2012 09:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
Dario Scapitta Design wrote on Fri, 15 June 2012 08:50

I would like to know who is "wendyss"!!!

That is just a spam bot,
on a mission to spread the links in the pseudo-signature.
Re: Introducing The Vibe [message #49864 is a reply to message #49862 ] Fri, 15 June 2012 09:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar DarioScapittaDesign  is currently offline DarioScapittaDesign
Go to my shop
I thought that!
Thanks for your reply!

Dario Scapitta Design
www.darioscapittadesign.com

Previous Topic:Currently experiencing upload delays
Next Topic:Downtime Tonight 6-8pm EST June 20th

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.