Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » Introductions » Hello and HELP!!!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello and HELP!!! [message #49855] Fri, 15 June 2012 00:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar ASCPhotos&Designs  is currently offline ASCPhotos&Designs
Go to my shop
Hello,

I am trying to get a program that will let me upload full color sculptures and things on here. I have tried to take a 3D model from Sculptris import it into MeshLab and try exporting it that way, but it's still not coming out in color. Is there anything special I need to know that will make this work?

Is there some way to get a VRML79 or .x3d file out of Sculptris?

Also if anyone knows how to take a .JPG or .PNG file and load it into a 3D program to (obviously) 3D it. I would LOVE to here about it!

ASCPhotos&Designs
Re: Hello and HELP!!! [message #49911 is a reply to message #49855 ] Sat, 16 June 2012 12:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi,

Welcome to Shapeways! Smile

In Scupltris, you can use the paint function, then export as .obj, import into MeshLab, then export as VRML97

or

Export the .obj from Sculptris, import into MeshLab, then use MeshLab's zpainting followed by exporting as VRML97

or

Export the .obj from Sculptris, import into Wings3D for UV mapping - this is sketchy and can get frustrating when Wings3D crashes - I forget if Wings3D can export as VRML97, however MeshLab will import a UV mapped .obj for VRML97 export

It may also be worth looking at Blender to see what that can do.

Paul
Re: Hello and HELP!!! [message #49917 is a reply to message #49911 ] Sat, 16 June 2012 15:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ASCPhotos&Designs  is currently offline ASCPhotos&Designs
Go to my shop
Thank you so much for helping me Paul! Smile

I actually figured it out yesturday.

I did try some of the things you suggested though and they didn't work for me. I ended up saving and painting the sculpture in .WRL and zipping a .JPG and the .WRL and loading it that way.

Thank you for the Welcome!

Sincerely, ASC

Previous Topic:alert('Hello World')
Next Topic:Hello

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.