Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Printing in Colour from Netfabb Studio
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Printing in Colour from Netfabb Studio [message #49715] Tue, 12 June 2012 00:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar LesleyRobinson  is currently offline LesleyRobinson
Go to all my models
How can you create a multicoloured stl file in Netfabb? If I join all the parts together in a boolean operation, then they all turn one colour. If I don't join them together, but just select all the parts and try to export them all together to a single stl file, I get an error message about degenerated triangles and mannifold edges, but it will none the less save it. However, when I re-open the file it is all one colour.

Re: Printing in Colour from Netfabb Studio [message #49717 is a reply to message #49715 ] Tue, 12 June 2012 01:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The formal definition to date for STL does not include color.. you'll have to select some other format (and likely some other editor) to do color.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Printing in Colour from Netfabb Studio [message #49727 is a reply to message #49717 ] Tue, 12 June 2012 07:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar LesleyRobinson  is currently offline LesleyRobinson
Go to all my models
Ok. I will just stick to painting the models. It is still useful, however, to make a multicoloured netfabb project file to get an idea of what it would look like after painting. I haven't painted anything yet, but I am expecting some models to arrive tomorrow.

Previous Topic:Judging how many poly to add in Sculptriss
Next Topic:3d printing of metal to make injection molding mold?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.