Home » Community » General Discussion » why don't they update us when there's problems?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
why don't they update us when there's problems? [message #49524] Thu, 07 June 2012 14:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar arklan  is currently offline arklan
Go to my shop
to sum up: more updates on orders in process, PLEASE. tell us if there's a problem or a delay as soon as there IS one, so we can correct said problems.

in detail:
on two seperate occasions, i've uploaded models that ended up unprintable. that's fine, i understand exactly why such is the case once it was pointed out. not a problem.

the problem is this: no one from shapeways contacted me about either issue. my orders were shown as "in production" on the order page for weeks. most recently, for nearly a month. the shipping date came and went, and i heard nothing.

knowing things take time and stuff happens, i waited. i emailed them last night a full week after the expected shipping date; only to promptly receive an email this morning canceling my order, explaining the problem with the models and providing a refund for the money.

why in all creation did it take an email from me to get an update on what was obviously a clear and easily seen error, since as soon as i asked, they told me? seriously - not even 12 hours passed from when i sent my email.

why did i have to wait a month to find out that instead of getting my models soon, i won't get them at all until i order again, waiting another undetermined amount of time before any one from shapeways actually says anything?

ps: yes, i have emailed them. i'm also posting here because the repeated occurence, i feel, deserves a wider discussion.
Re: why don't they update us when there's problems? [message #49552 is a reply to message #49524 ] Fri, 08 June 2012 16:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
after a series of emails this morning with shapeways, things have been sorted out and the ordered models revised and sent back for printing.

never let it be said that shapeways doesn't help out when there's a qesttion or such.
Re: why don't they update us when there's problems? [message #49610 is a reply to message #49524 ] Sun, 10 June 2012 07:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fx  is currently offline fx
Go to my shop
My frosted ultra order from 28th may for a 8th june delivery is still "accepted". I hope I dont' have to wait one more week to get an "order canceled" notice from Shapeways... Confused

p.s.: I already sent an e-mail on thursday. Cust. service told me the order would be "in production" over the week-end... The order status is still "accepted", though.
Re: why don't they update us when there's problems? [message #49707 is a reply to message #49610 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 21:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Fx,

It may be that the orders page is not updated over the weekend, hopefully you will get an answer today or Tuesday, otherwise the best thing to do is email CS again to find out the status.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 June 2012 21:06 UTC]

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: why don't they update us when there's problems? [message #49709 is a reply to message #49707 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 21:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
i had emailed CS before posting this - the situation got sorted out. apprently someone in the warehouse had not uploaded the data about the unprintable models or something along those lines.

but yea, everything is taken care of now.
Re: why don't they update us when there's problems? [message #49762 is a reply to message #49709 ] Tue, 12 June 2012 23:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar LesleyRobinson  is currently offline LesleyRobinson
Go to all my models
I also have waited and waited only to be told my model is unprintable. It really slows things down when you have to wait a couple of weeks before knowing whether model is printable

However I found that if I post the model to the forum stonysmith can give useful, prompt advice about whether a model is printable.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 June 2012 23:06 UTC]

Re: why don't they update us when there's problems? [message #49851 is a reply to message #49524 ] Thu, 14 June 2012 22:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar 7777773  is currently offline 7777773
Go to my shop
The same thing happened to me recently! Ordered, waited, order sat in production a long time after expected ship date... finally emailed and customer service had me updated within minutes. Unfortunately, I never got a response from the reviewers so I have no idea why there was a problem or what I should look at if I want to resolve it, but at least customer service is putting 200% into everything to make up for the reviewers putting in 0% work.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 June 2012 22:53 UTC]

Re: why don't they update us when there's problems? [message #49867 is a reply to message #49851 ] Fri, 15 June 2012 10:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Same as, order due to ship 11th June, now expected ship date 19th June - in the order is some S&F models which are 1 week behind, however there's also steel models in the order, so the timeframe should have worked out. Thankfully my wife is understanding and accepts that her birthday presents may be late Confused

Previous Topic:I can't believe it's not rubber....
Next Topic:Any idea how to fix this "multiple shells" error?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.