Home » Community » General Discussion » 3D printing with your own 2D printer
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D printing with your own 2D printer [message #49479] Wed, 06 June 2012 17:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar jens.renders  is currently offline jens.renders
Go to my shop
This is what is needed to make a 3D printer out of a regular printer:

-Sheets made of a material that dissolves when a kind of acid is droped upon it
-Ink patterns with the acid in there instead of ink
-Software that cuts your 3D model into pieces and sends the 2D images to your printer

If you have al of this then all thes layers will be 'cut' out of the sheets and you can just push them out en pile them up. But then they still need to become one part... maybe the sheets material can also be such a material that if you heat it up for a certain time, that the layers melt togheter.

what do you think? anybody good at chemistry?

[Updated on: Wed, 06 June 2012 17:10 UTC]

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/realsteel
Re: 3D printing with your own 2D printer [message #49480 is a reply to message #49479 ] Wed, 06 June 2012 17:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
You could always use 123D make. You can create a paper sized material, and cut out the paper, or make a cardboard sized material, print to paper to cut out the card board.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Please help with my choice of material
Next Topic:excellent service by Shapeways service staff (Joost Denissen)

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.