Home » Support » 3D Printing » Which material best for Board game pawn sets?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Which material best for Board game pawn sets? [message #49365] Mon, 04 June 2012 01:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar wickedsunny  is currently offline wickedsunny
Go to all my models
Hi I am new here and very new to 3D printing.

I just uploaded my model.

As I am new to this whole stuff, please let me know which material will be cost effective but durable and solid for game board pawns and starter sets?

Also where I can find shipping rates to different countries?

I am in India but my target audience will be mainly in US and UK, but sometimes it will be shipped to other countries, so a rate chart will help.

As I will be giving away my models in form of promotion merchandise, I would like to have exact knowledge of shipping rates and service tax applied to it in order to create a proper budget.

Any help will be appreciated.

regards

Sunny

edit: found the shipping rates. Just need to know about material.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 June 2012 01:50 UTC]

http://www.learndesignanimate.com
Re: Which material best for Board game pawn sets? [message #49367 is a reply to message #49365 ] Mon, 04 June 2012 03:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
Try the WS&F material. It's strong, durable and one of the more affordable materials. It's very versatile.

Pete
Re: Which material best for Board game pawn sets? [message #49385 is a reply to message #49367 ] Mon, 04 June 2012 14:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank You Pete

Re: Which material best for Board game pawn sets? [message #49386 is a reply to message #49365 ] Mon, 04 June 2012 14:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
A bonus is there are several variants of WSF to make opposing pieces. So one team could be white, and one could be black or red or even alumide (alimide does have slightly different design rules)

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Which material best for Board game pawn sets? [message #49387 is a reply to message #49386 ] Mon, 04 June 2012 14:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank You That gave me another idea.

Re: Which material best for Board game pawn sets? [message #49388 is a reply to message #49365 ] Mon, 04 June 2012 15:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar andrewj3  is currently offline andrewj3
Go to my shop
Ceramics can make very attractive pieces for chess sets that are durable and cost effective. There are a variety of glaze colors available too as well as black and white.

Andy Jeffery

Previous Topic:Ink Stamp
Next Topic:two different materials in one 3d model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.