Home » Community » General Discussion » ideal prototype
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
ideal prototype [message #48910] Fri, 25 May 2012 14:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar dundaglan  is currently offline dundaglan
Go to my shop
hey folks. I'm wondeing what the ideal/handiest material would be uised to print my model and then be used as the prototype to clone and duplicate in casting/moulding? No idea about this process. Would ideally replicate the origibnale model and have some cast in plastics, bronze and gold finishes. trying to bring the cost down.

Model is here: index.php?t=getfile&id=17172&private=0

its quite smaill. 4.5 incehs high ut very detailed. What material would capture this detail and be good for casting?

[Updated on: Fri, 25 May 2012 14:12 UTC]

Re: ideal prototype [message #48911 is a reply to message #48910 ] Fri, 25 May 2012 14:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
You would need FUD to capture the best detail. I'd look into the post production section to see about making a mold from FUD. I'd guess you have to coat it in some way to make sure your molding material would release.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: ideal prototype [message #48914 is a reply to message #48911 ] Fri, 25 May 2012 14:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
That the frosted detail?
Re: ideal prototype [message #48915 is a reply to message #48910 ] Fri, 25 May 2012 14:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
That's the frosted ultra detail. Sorry we sometimes shorten the longer names here on the forums.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: ideal prototype [message #48919 is a reply to message #48915 ] Fri, 25 May 2012 14:33 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Cheers dude - I'll get the lingo sorted once i get around the site.

Previous Topic:How to make a model car replica? Please help!
Next Topic:Mass multiple printing - Large volume orders

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.