Home » Support » 3D Design » iPod/iPhone Cases
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
iPod/iPhone Cases [message #48646] Fri, 18 May 2012 15:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar xGATOxMALOx  is currently offline xGATOxMALOx
Go to my shop
I was wondering if there are any solidworks templates I can use to make my own cases for ipods/iphones?
Re: iPod/iPhone Cases [message #48655 is a reply to message #48646 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 19:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TomZ  is currently offline TomZ
Go to my shop
Apple has a bunch of dimensional drawings on their website that you could use: https://developer.apple.com/resources/cases/
Re: iPod/iPhone Cases [message #48657 is a reply to message #48655 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 19:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar xGATOxMALOx  is currently offline xGATOxMALOx
Go to my shop
Yeah I already checked. The thing is that they don't have fillet dimensions and that is pretty important.
Re: iPod/iPhone Cases [message #48658 is a reply to message #48646 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 20:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Have you checked 3D content central?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: iPod/iPhone Cases [message #49275 is a reply to message #48646 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 12:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Erik322  is currently offline Erik322
Go to all my models
i downloaded a i phone 4 3d file from a site named 3d contend central. de developer of te file claims to create cases whit the file. you could subtract the iphone shape from a sollid. or you can do an interferance chek. i have the sollidworks file attacht to the link. don't know if it is the richt year. if you want the file in a other file type than visit 3dcontent central.

good luck!

Re: iPod/iPhone Cases [message #49618 is a reply to message #49275 ] Sun, 10 June 2012 11:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ANIMEMI  is currently offline ANIMEMI
Go to all my models
Is that a Solid-works file. I do not know that file extension as I have AutoCAD and Max background.

As for the Apple drawings I think the moot on other forums is correct. The dimension is inferred in Detail B (looking at iphone 4s), as from the center of the rear camera. So we get a dim of 8.77mm. If you have an iPhone handy draw or print it out cut it out of paper and offer it up to the real fillet, if it fits wear it.

Just added this if anyone else is gonna do it from scratch.

Good Luck with your project.

Previous Topic:maya obj textures?
Next Topic:How would I soften this mesh edge

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.