Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Would you like to be a credited "prop maker" for a cool little cyberpunk film?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Would you like to be a credited "prop maker" for a cool little cyberpunk film? [message #48623] Fri, 18 May 2012 01:59 UTC
avatar ThatLittleHell  is currently offline ThatLittleHell
Go to all my models
I've written and am going to direct a suspense crime film that has a cyberpunk aesthetic. I've aimed for high level of production design, and have constructed three complete sets to serve a verity of camera angles. I'm confident that I have something special here.

There are some props that I need built that have to have a machine manufactured look to them, and the more I research, the more it looks like 3D printing would be the way to go.

The props are of electronic devices, but all the functionality will be handled by "move magic," so they don't need to have any actual electronic compoenents inside them; all they need is the solid outer shape.

The main prop especially will be getting much up-close and personal screen time. I've drawn up a fairly complete rendering of this prop in Google Sketchup. It could use a little detailing and maybe some personal design flair, but it should give you a good idea of the look I'm aiming for, for all the props.

The designs of Syd Mead and films such as Blade Runner, Aliens and the Matrix are the obvious influences -- basically the view of future electronics before iPods came along and everything started looking like bars of soap.

Does this sound like a project that would interest you or someone you know? If so, email me at that.little.hell@gmail.com and tell me why. Details will follow. Hopefully we can work together.

Previous Topic:Solid of constant diameter
Next Topic:I urgently need to model a piece of jewelry for my mom