Home » Community » General Discussion » Bubble Wrap complaint
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Bubble Wrap complaint [message #48491] Tue, 15 May 2012 22:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
My wife wants me to file a formal complaint with you about your bubble wrap in the packaging: Just one pop and the whole thing gets deflated ! What's with that ?!

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Bubble Wrap complaint [message #48493 is a reply to message #48491 ] Tue, 15 May 2012 23:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Roy_Stevens  is currently offline Roy_Stevens
Go to my shop
The 'bubble' wrap I receive has multiple long bubbles, not one single one. The complaint I have is that it's about as soft as concrete, and my parts are often damaged more from the packaging than damage prevented by it.

Earl Grey, hot.
Re: Bubble Wrap complaint [message #48499 is a reply to message #48491 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 01:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Okay, just to set the record straight before I get something started here; this was a tongue-in-cheek post because my wife loves popping bubble-wrap and she just sat down with my last model package and one pop and the whole thing was flat! She was very disappointed!

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Bubble Wrap complaint [message #48502 is a reply to message #48499 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 02:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
lensman wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 01:04

Okay, just to set the record straight before I get something started here; this was a tongue-in-cheek post because my wife loves popping bubble-wrap and she just sat down with my last model package and one pop and the whole thing was flat! She was very disappointed!

Glenn

I can't claim to have a wife, but I can claim the same disappointment.
Re: Bubble Wrap complaint [message #48606 is a reply to message #48502 ] Thu, 17 May 2012 19:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
TurtlesAreCool wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 02:59

lensman wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 01:04

Glenn

I can't claim to have a wife, but I can claim the same disappointment.

Laughing

As for damage from the bubble wrap, I see you've already voted on it on feedback johnnylingo, or at least commented on it. But for others concerned please vote here http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2485149-better-packing-for-fragile-parts

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Bubble Wrap complaint [message #48636 is a reply to message #48606 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 09:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hmmm, that issue on our feedback site needs some TLC. Please vote it up while I'll bring it to the attention of our team again!

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Bubble Wrap complaint [message #48643 is a reply to message #48493 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 11:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
@johnnylingo - which material were those damaged parts printed in? Also, did you talk to our customer support team about getting a refund?

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Let Shapeways fix the model?
Next Topic:Making moving parts

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.