Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Miniature-car wheels
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Miniature-car wheels [message #18423] Mon, 27 September 2010 13:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar super-cab  is currently offline super-cab
Go to all my models
Hi

I'm looking for the possibilty to make a set "alloy" wheels for miniature modelcar(s).

Those 3 types of wheels I would like to print.

index.php?t=getfile&id=5257&private=0

They must be max. 9 mm diameter. (miniature scale 1:43)

Should this be possible to make, or are they to small ????

Rick

• Attachment: totaal.jpg
    (Size: 31.59KB, Downloaded 449 time(s))

Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18429 is a reply to message #18423 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 13:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar marcobeer  is currently offline marcobeer
Go to my shop
It can be done, properly you should consider some detail lost. Min thickness is 1mm, so the spokes going to look a bit bulkier than on the photo. And logo could be a problem.

Are you going to model yourself or are you in need for one.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 September 2010 13:37 UTC]

Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18430 is a reply to message #18423 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 13:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
For an item this size, in WSF .7mm should be acceptable. Which it appears only the first would have this problem. I would see the lug holes being a problem. You may have to plan to tool them after wards.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18431 is a reply to message #18429 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 13:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
marcobeer wrote on Mon, 27 September 2010 14:36

It can be done, properly you should consider some detail lost. Min thickness is 1mm, so the spokes going to look a bit bulkier than on the photo. And logo could be a problem.

Are you going to model yourself or are you in need for one.

Thanks for reaction.

I was allready affraid about th thinksness of the double spokes of the first wheel.
Maybe it could be made as 1 spoke with a relief-line in the middle wich a can paint dark, so it look like separate spokes.

Loss of logo is not a problem.

I would try to draw myself, (that the most fun I think)
I've been searching for the right program to draw with.
Some I've download (before my PC crashed) I could not get used to.

Now i' ve just got a CAD-program wich can draw 2D.

Suggestions???

Rick

Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18433 is a reply to message #18431 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 14:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Rick

There are a lot of 3d programs out there and al will require some effort to master. Try blender
Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18435 is a reply to message #18433 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 14:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
marcobeer wrote on Mon, 27 September 2010 15:14

Hi Rick

There are a lot of 3d programs out there and al will require some effort to master. Try blender

You are totally right.
Some effort is needed, but it must also be a little bit understandable.
Robocad (from many many years ago) works still fine for me Embarassed

Thanks for the "blender" suggestion.
I'm downloaded it and will try this after reading the tutorials.

gr Rick
Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18437 is a reply to message #18423 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 14:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Blender will take a lot of getting used to. I still haven't made much of an attempt to be able to use it.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18438 is a reply to message #18437 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 15:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Mon, 27 September 2010 15:53

Blender will take a lot of getting used to. I still haven't made much of an attempt to be able to use it.

Oke...

Do you have suggestion for a easier program for me?

Thanks
Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18439 is a reply to message #18423 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 15:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Easiest I've used is Sketchup. Still to get the shapes you want (the curvature of the spokes) won't be the easiest.

Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18441 is a reply to message #18439 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 15:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Rick,

i've made you a model of one of the rims,
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/helmuths3d

Didn't paid to attention to the detail, all sizes are within reach of 3d printer. Spend bid more time and you can make something better. Don't know if you'll need more detail in it. I make a lot of 1/35 scale object and a lot of curves are lost!

I used 3dsmax

Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18442 is a reply to message #18441 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 15:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
marcobeer wrote on Mon, 27 September 2010 16:21

Hi Rick,

i've made you a model of one of the rims,

Didn't paid to attention to the detail, all sizes are within reach of 3d printer. Spend bid more time and you can make something better. Don't know if you'll need more detail in it. I make a lot of 1/35 scale object and a lot of curves are lost!

I used 3dsmax

Hi

I can't see it Embarassed
Must i look somewhere at your page??
Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18443 is a reply to message #18442 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 16:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop

you have to go to my shop and you should see it
icon14.gif  Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #18446 is a reply to message #18443 ] Mon, 27 September 2010 16:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
marcobeer wrote on Mon, 27 September 2010 17:11

you have to go to my shop and you should see it

yes it's there now.

Thanks Thumbs Up

This gives hope to make something like the originals.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 September 2010 16:59 UTC]

Re: Miniature-car wheels [message #48418 is a reply to message #18423 ] Tue, 15 May 2012 07:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar kritiana89  is currently offline kritiana89
Go to all my models
intresting story behind fitting in those new rings, i found them on ebay, but i didnt know they were oversize by .03 of an inch! we had to grind a little off the tips of the break on each one until they fit right, spent almost all day getting them to fit

Previous Topic:Artist needs a modeller - please give quote
Next Topic:Need a 3D modeler for a mask

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.