Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » it arrived broken.......... but
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
it arrived broken.......... but [message #48367] Mon, 14 May 2012 12:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar MarkHeuvelman  is currently offline MarkHeuvelman
Go to my shop
A few weeks ago I ordered a test version of a silver ring in Black Detail. The ring is a gift, but to make sure it would fit I ordered a test print.

Unfortunately the ring arrived broken and I was a bit dissappointed since it was a gift and there was no time to reprint within the given delivery time.
I contacted the Customer Service and wrote the ordered piece was broken.

Just a few days later, I was very suprised to find a new box in the mail, just in time to give the test ring to the final owner.

Thanks for this great service Shapeways! The Silver model will be ordered soon.
index.php?t=getfile&id=16893&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=16894&private=0

[Updated on: Mon, 14 May 2012 13:21 UTC]

I'm not asking you what's possible,
I'm asking you to push the boundairies
Re: it arrived broken.......... but [message #48414 is a reply to message #48367 ] Tue, 15 May 2012 03:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
The piece reminds me of a circuit board.

I haven't experimented extensively with Black Detail, but it has seemed fairly brittle. That does have pretty small detail. Hopefully, the silver piece will print nicely!

It looks like your work is true to your sig quote. Very Happy
Re: it arrived broken.......... but [message #48465 is a reply to message #48367 ] Tue, 15 May 2012 17:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Don't forget that there will be a size difference between the Black Detail and the Silver ring... Silver shrinks very little in size but other materials do.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: it arrived broken.......... but [message #49517 is a reply to message #48465 ] Thu, 07 June 2012 10:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
How much does black detail shrink? Anyone know? I wanna do a test print of my bandit skull ring, but I wanna make sure the fit will be good, or at least close to the actual fit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: it arrived broken.......... but [message #50034 is a reply to message #48367 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 17:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Can't help you with the shrinkage question, all I know is when I'm making rings in silver I only allow for very small shrinkage and I don't make test prints in other materials. Silver is the easiest material to get at the size you want. And remember, if it turns out just slightly too small a jeweller would be able to enlarge it on a mandrel without having to add silver (I'm talking about a 1/2 size here, maximum).

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Life Pod in Polished Alumide + Quintal Candle in Ceramics!
Next Topic:Cases for the Raspberry Pi computer

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.