Home » Support » 3D Design » Poseable joints?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Poseable joints? [message #45578] Thu, 15 March 2012 22:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar Tythus  is currently offline Tythus
Go to my shop
I'm wanting to make a mini action figure for my sister of the oh yeah! jug.

I've made it all ready to print all it needs is the joints and I'm finding it incredibly hard to get my head around how to print the model pre-assembled.

Ideally I want either a hinge joint or a ball joint I just don't know how to get a good fitting one that can be printed so I am looking ideally for any proven ones I can scale or the sort of sizes I need.

This would hopefully work with colored sandstone but if not a paint friendly material would be nice too.
Re: Poseable joints? [message #45613 is a reply to message #45578 ] Sat, 17 March 2012 08:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi, you will need at least 0.25mm clearance between parts in WSF for it to be printed and move in one piece. The model will be floppy, if you want tighter fit you will need to use click in joints.
V

www.dotsan.com
Re: Poseable joints? [message #48289 is a reply to message #45578 ] Fri, 11 May 2012 22:43 UTC Go to previous message
avatar trishycakes  is currently offline trishycakes
Go to my shop
Build your model in two halves so it can snap together around the joints once it is printed.

Previous Topic:Precision? Careful gear ratios, small and medium size.
Next Topic:[RESOLVED] Strange Texture Issue

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.