Home » Support » 3D Printing » What's your most brittle material?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
What's your most brittle material? [message #47930] Sat, 05 May 2012 14:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mick Lang  is currently offline Mick Lang
Go to all my models
This will probably sound bizarre, but what's your most brittle material? Can I print a very thin mesh or coil from it? I need it about as fragile as a christmas tree glass ball.

Thanks!

Mick
Re: What's your most brittle material? [message #48051 is a reply to message #47930 ] Tue, 08 May 2012 15:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GlenG  is currently offline GlenG
Go to all my models
Definitely the GLASS media! Just how thin are you thinking about?

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art."
Leonardo da Vinci
Re: What's your most brittle material? [message #48058 is a reply to message #47930 ] Tue, 08 May 2012 17:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Frosted Ultra Detail (FUD) being acrylic is quite fragile and can go down to 0.3mm wall thickness, even 0.5mm wall thickness is quite easy to poke a hole through with a wet frayed cocktail stick (I was experimenting cleaning & removing print lines from a model)

Previous Topic:Stainless Pass/Fail design help needed
Next Topic:Stainless Steal min. hole?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.