Home »  » 3D Design » I thinned down my model but it got more expensive?!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I thinned down my model but it got more expensive?! [message #48023] Mon, 07 May 2012 21:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar andypidge  is currently offline andypidge
Go to my shop
I have just uploaded a model of a creamic mug, it was 96cm3 and a bit pricy. As I think I'd over engineered it a bit I remodelled it at the same size but with a thinner wall (now at the recommended 3mm down from 4mm). It is now 77cm3 so I expected it to be cheaper, but is actually 3€ more expensive, how can that be?
Re: I thinned down my model but it got more expensive?! [message #48028 is a reply to message #48023 ] Tue, 08 May 2012 00:07 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bradykineticcuriosities  is currently offline bradykineticcuriosities
Go to my shop
Ceramic is a little different in the pricing - they base it off of surface area instead of volume. It is likely that thinning the walls made your model have more surface area on the inside.

www.bradykineticcuriosities.com A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.

Previous Topic:STL scaled by 2.54
Next Topic:Another request for help

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.