Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » It arrived! » Iggy, the Snoozy Snail
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Iggy, the Snoozy Snail [message #47894] Fri, 04 May 2012 18:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar AnnaMayaHouse  is currently offline AnnaMayaHouse
Go to all my models
My first Shapeways order finally arrived today. I've been selling my Snoozy Iggy for years in Second Life, but now I finally get to hold him. I also had some separate shells printed to get a feel for the various materials.

Iggy unfortunately didn't arrive in one piece. His left eye was snapped off, but I glued it back on. I knew the sandstone was brittle and that he would likely suffer damage in transport, but I had naively hoped that everything would turn out okay. There's also a little hole on the right side of his shell, which you can't see in the pic. I'm still happy with him though Smile

One model is still behind, which I don't really blame Shapeways for. I went kind of insane hollowing out a White, Strong & Flexible Polished version of Iggy. I only got notified on the day of shipping however that the model was rejected, which kind of bummed me out.

Behold the cuteness! Very Happy

- Snoozy Iggy printed in Full Color Sandstone.
- Large shell at the top of the pic printed in White, Strong & Flexible.
- Tiny shell printed in Frosted Detail.
- Shell at the bottom of the pic printed in White Detail.

These prints are truly tiny and precious. The full Snoozy Iggy is just 8 centimeters long!

My favorite material for now is White Detail. Why does the best stuff always have to be the most expensive as well Razz

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7189/7142415145_788579ac26_c.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 04 May 2012 18:19 UTC]

Re: Iggy, the Snoozy Snail [message #47910 is a reply to message #47894 ] Fri, 04 May 2012 22:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pdb  is currently offline pdb
Go to all my models
hehe very cute character! i like!

boop

Previous Topic:Snake Ball by OSKAR
Next Topic:Golden Dice, less gold?