Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » sandblasting cabinet
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
sandblasting cabinet [message #4780] Sat, 06 June 2009 06:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
I was looking around to find some post processing technique to smooth the items and found a lot of not too expensive sandblasting cabinets.

I wonder if the shapeways team ever has considered to use such a box to smooth the results.
From my surroundings I now that many people I've shown the items were asking for that.

Woody64

[Updated on: Sat, 06 June 2009 06:39 UTC]

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
Re: sandblasting cabinet [message #4781 is a reply to message #4780 ] Sat, 06 June 2009 06:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
I have a sand blaster. For the things I use it for, I can assure you, a smooth finish is the last thing you will get with it. I seriously doubt any of the mediums other than metal would even survive such an incursion. Sand paper is the route you want to go. Razz

Previous Topic:My user profile looks funny
Next Topic:Silver Cufflinks

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.