Home » Support » 3D Applications » Scaling Problem
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Scaling Problem [message #47580] Fri, 27 April 2012 14:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar howieha  is currently offline howieha
Go to all my models
Can anyone help me figure out why the dimensions in an Inventor File which is exported to an .stl file and uploaded on this site are changed during the process. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Scaling Problem [message #47583 is a reply to message #47580 ] Fri, 27 April 2012 16:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Changed??

When you upload the STL you have to select the units Meter/Inch/Millimeter.

Are you picking the right unit during upload?

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Scaling Problem [message #47592 is a reply to message #47583 ] Fri, 27 April 2012 19:18 UTC Go to previous message
avatar NormL  is currently offline NormL
Go to my shop
I use Inventor and have no issues. You can change the unit of export under options after you choose stl and that may be different in some of your base files. Just a thought.

Previous Topic:3d Text Vanishes on Upload
Next Topic:does solidworks have a feature to measure total volume of a model??

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.