Home » Community » Work in progress » Spiral Theatre 3D Model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Spiral Theatre 3D Model [message #47581] Fri, 27 April 2012 16:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar nchelliah  is currently offline nchelliah
Go to all my models
Hi, Just looking for some help!

I have tried uploading my theatre model to be printed. I originally sent a earlier version of this model which uploaded fine - however it was rejected as some of the spirals were too thin to be printed. I went back into the model to thicken up some of the spirals and re-uploaded it. However it then came back saying it would not print because it was not manifold.

I checked the model in netfabb, repaired it, put the model back into rhino and checked all the meshes there too. They all seem perfect - no holes, no degenerate faces, no naked edges, no duplicates, no non-maniofold edges, all normals facing the same direction - so according to all my programs there is nothing wrong.

Could anybody please help? I have included my 3D model, if anyone is able to take a look for me it would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,
Natalie

[Updated on: Fri, 27 April 2012 16:05 UTC]

Re: Spiral Theatre 3D Model [message #47585 is a reply to message #47581 ] Fri, 27 April 2012 16:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Send your file to service@shapeways.com and ask them to explain.
Looking at your file.. I don't see anything wrong with it, other than some of the "wires" are likely still too thin. I do NOT see any manifold errors.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Spiral Theatre 3D Model [message #47588 is a reply to message #47585 ] Fri, 27 April 2012 17:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nchelliah  is currently offline nchelliah
Go to all my models
Thats what I thought as well, I checked and doble checked it... any advice on what I could do? It wont let me upload to to shapeways and the error is still "Only manifold objects can be printed".

Thanks
Re: Spiral Theatre 3D Model [message #47591 is a reply to message #47581 ] Fri, 27 April 2012 19:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I opened in netfabb and it says it's good, but shows lots of red faces so not exactly sure what's going on with it.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Horse rearing
Next Topic:Custom Submarine Model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.