Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » Work in progress » Spiral Theatre 3D Model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Spiral Theatre 3D Model [message #47581] Fri, 27 April 2012 16:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar nchelliah  is currently offline nchelliah
Go to all my models
Hi, Just looking for some help!

I have tried uploading my theatre model to be printed. I originally sent a earlier version of this model which uploaded fine - however it was rejected as some of the spirals were too thin to be printed. I went back into the model to thicken up some of the spirals and re-uploaded it. However it then came back saying it would not print because it was not manifold.

I checked the model in netfabb, repaired it, put the model back into rhino and checked all the meshes there too. They all seem perfect - no holes, no degenerate faces, no naked edges, no duplicates, no non-maniofold edges, all normals facing the same direction - so according to all my programs there is nothing wrong.

Could anybody please help? I have included my 3D model, if anyone is able to take a look for me it would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,
Natalie

[Updated on: Fri, 27 April 2012 16:05 UTC]

Re: Spiral Theatre 3D Model [message #47585 is a reply to message #47581 ] Fri, 27 April 2012 16:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Send your file to service@shapeways.com and ask them to explain.
Looking at your file.. I don't see anything wrong with it, other than some of the "wires" are likely still too thin. I do NOT see any manifold errors.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Spiral Theatre 3D Model [message #47588 is a reply to message #47585 ] Fri, 27 April 2012 17:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nchelliah  is currently offline nchelliah
Go to all my models
Thats what I thought as well, I checked and doble checked it... any advice on what I could do? It wont let me upload to to shapeways and the error is still "Only manifold objects can be printed".

Thanks
Re: Spiral Theatre 3D Model [message #47591 is a reply to message #47581 ] Fri, 27 April 2012 19:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I opened in netfabb and it says it's good, but shows lots of red faces so not exactly sure what's going on with it.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Horse rearing
Next Topic:Custom Submarine Model