Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Discussion and Feedback on My Models Page Improvements
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Discussion and Feedback on My Models Page Improvements [message #47197] Thu, 19 April 2012 00:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar ChristianA  is currently offline ChristianA
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey everyone!

Like I've mentioned in the Official Announcements section of the forum as well as our latest blog post we've made some improvements to your My Models page!

We're always keen to know what you think about what we're doing here at Shapeways. This thread is specifically dedicated to serve as the space for you to discuss the improvements we've made to the My Models page. We'll be actively checking this thread and eagerly anticipating your feedback. So let us know what you think!
Re: Discussion and Feedback on My Models Page Improvements [message #47200 is a reply to message #47197 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 01:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar damocles  is currently offline damocles
Go to all my models
"Private" seems to show all, the same as having no filters selected. I'd expected it to be "show only models that are not public."

I'm enjoying this change overall. Managing my collection became cumbersome once it grew past a few models, this is a great step towards improving that situation.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 April 2012 01:22 UTC]

Re: Discussion and Feedback on My Models Page Improvements [message #47201 is a reply to message #47200 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 02:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
damocles - Thanks for pointing this out to us, we just noted it as well. We're investigating what the cause of the issue may be. To provide a bit more clarity, the issue is that public models are also being displayed when private models are selected. Selecting public models will only display public models.

Also, the other filtering options work so don't shy away from them, as well as search! Once we have updates on a resolution to the issue we'll be sure to post it. Our apologies for the hiccup we're eating spoon fulls of sugar as fast as we can.
Re: Discussion and Feedback on My Models Page Improvements [message #47208 is a reply to message #47197 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 05:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
I was a little disappointed to find the search option considered only the title of the model and not tags - a search by tags would make the improvements here perfect.

Other than that and the issues noted in other posts, a very nice improvement. Thank you.
Re: Discussion and Feedback on My Models Page Improvements [message #47227 is a reply to message #47208 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 16:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
aegidian, I'd like to know more about how searching by tags would benefit you!

Thanks for your compliments and feedback - we hope to keep on improving.
Re: Discussion and Feedback on My Models Page Improvements [message #47230 is a reply to message #47227 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 16:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
By habit I categorise certain designs by tags.

If I want to quickly access those designs it'd be useful to call up all of my models (from the My Models page) with a certain tag. I'd use this to (say) adjust their pricing, or make particular changes to the descriptions.

Seems like a logical thing to do to me.
Re: Discussion and Feedback on My Models Page Improvements [message #47235 is a reply to message #47230 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 19:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
I agree with Aegidian here. I too use tags for the different kinds of models I design. Seems natural to me.

Greetings
Karl Heinz
Re: Discussion and Feedback on My Models Page Improvements [message #47565 is a reply to message #47235 ] Fri, 27 April 2012 03:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to give an update about the My Models page. Yesterday we released another update for the My Models page. These updates included:

- Bug where public models were being displayed as private models in the filters is now fixed! When you select the private filter you will only see your private models. When you select public models you will be able to see your public models.

- Ability to select a material and add it to the cart. This makes it much easier to add any of your own models to the cart based on the material you've selected.

As always we're still looking to improve the My Models page. We've heard great suggestions such as searching by tags. We always want to hear more feedback from you so don't be shy!
Re: Discussion and Feedback on My Models Page Improvements [message #47571 is a reply to message #47565 ] Fri, 27 April 2012 11:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten is currently online MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Christian,

Maybe able to select the quantity as well in the My Models page?

Smile

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Discussion and Feedback on My Models Page Improvements [message #47622 is a reply to message #47571 ] Sat, 28 April 2012 17:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
How about adding a search for:

• material
  • section

additionally it would be great when two items in the box
"More From This Designer" reflect the next and the previous item of the search result.
(also be true when browsing through the item list or the shop section. currently you always have to return to the overview page)

Woody64

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once)

Previous Topic:Suggestions for Shapeways User experience team
Next Topic:Request/Idea for patina coating on sterling silver

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.