Home » Community » It arrived! » HOn30 Trucks
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
HOn30 Trucks [message #47406] Tue, 24 April 2012 03:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar Chassoz  is currently offline Chassoz
Go to all my models
G'Day from Oz,

Got my 24 SWB Arch-bar trucks and 4 LWB trucks this morning.
Looks fine at first glance, good for my log cars.

Extremely well packed BUT weighed only 200 grams total - charged at 500 grams weight!!
The actual items weighed in at 22 Grams.

This to me is EXHORBITANT.

Please explain.

Chassoz
Re: HOn30 Trucks [message #47407 is a reply to message #47406 ] Tue, 24 April 2012 03:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Roy_Stevens  is currently offline Roy_Stevens
Go to my shop
I can't explain, but your experience is common to those outside the U.S. or E.U. I have many potential customers in OZ, NZ, and Canada that balk at the shipping fees charged by Shapeways. I hope that they offer an alternative to UPS soon.

Earl Grey, hot.
Re: HOn30 Trucks [message #47409 is a reply to message #47406 ] Tue, 24 April 2012 06:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Yep, the shipping fee does seem a lot for one small item, however if your order was 5kg and comprised of hundreds of items the shipping fee would still be the same.

Re: HOn30 Trucks [message #47411 is a reply to message #47409 ] Tue, 24 April 2012 09:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to all my models
Welcome to the global economy.
Shapeways have a contract with UPS for all their deliveries. Because deliveries to most counties, even Oz, can be shipped in bulk, UPS can give a better overall price than if each parcel was priced individually.

Bill Bedford

Previous Topic:Silver Wheatley bead arrived!
Next Topic:Ring Revolver!