Home » Community » It arrived! » HOn30 Trucks
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
HOn30 Trucks [message #47406] Tue, 24 April 2012 03:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar Chassoz  is currently offline Chassoz
Go to all my models
G'Day from Oz,

Got my 24 SWB Arch-bar trucks and 4 LWB trucks this morning.
Looks fine at first glance, good for my log cars.

Extremely well packed BUT weighed only 200 grams total - charged at 500 grams weight!!
The actual items weighed in at 22 Grams.

This to me is EXHORBITANT.

Please explain.

Chassoz
Re: HOn30 Trucks [message #47407 is a reply to message #47406 ] Tue, 24 April 2012 03:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Roy_Stevens  is currently offline Roy_Stevens
Go to my shop
I can't explain, but your experience is common to those outside the U.S. or E.U. I have many potential customers in OZ, NZ, and Canada that balk at the shipping fees charged by Shapeways. I hope that they offer an alternative to UPS soon.

Earl Grey, hot.
Re: HOn30 Trucks [message #47409 is a reply to message #47406 ] Tue, 24 April 2012 06:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Yep, the shipping fee does seem a lot for one small item, however if your order was 5kg and comprised of hundreds of items the shipping fee would still be the same.

Re: HOn30 Trucks [message #47411 is a reply to message #47409 ] Tue, 24 April 2012 09:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
Welcome to the global economy.
Shapeways have a contract with UPS for all their deliveries. Because deliveries to most counties, even Oz, can be shipped in bulk, UPS can give a better overall price than if each parcel was priced individually.

Bill Bedford

Previous Topic:Silver Wheatley bead arrived!
Next Topic:Ring Revolver!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.