Home » Support » 3D Applications » Screw threads in models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Screw threads in models [message #47213] Thu, 19 April 2012 10:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar amarler  is currently offline amarler
Go to all my models
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a uni project 3d printed not sure what material yet, and was wondering what materilas (if any) can succesfully hold a screw thread, either

a self taping screw

or

a tapped thread

both would only be a max of M3

any advice would be great Smile

Thanks alex
Re: Screw threads in models [message #47220 is a reply to message #47213 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 13:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
You can tap a screw into the nylon 'white strong and flexible' but it would of course depend on the stress on the part.

Stainless steel could be tapped, machined, milled etc etc.

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: Screw threads in models [message #47371 is a reply to message #47220 ] Mon, 23 April 2012 12:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar amarler  is currently offline amarler
Go to all my models
thanks Smile
Re: Screw threads in models [message #50394 is a reply to message #47371 ] Tue, 26 June 2012 16:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mswlik  is currently offline Mswlik
Go to my shop
I found that the white strong and flexible worked quite well. I'm sure the other colours would work well too, but I haven't tested them.

Previous Topic:Polygon Count in Blender
Next Topic:What program to use

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.