Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Printing » Polygon limit
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Polygon limit [message #46875] Thu, 12 April 2012 18:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar extruder  is currently offline extruder
Go to all my models
Hi Smile
Is there a max number of polys per model for upload to print?
I'm creating a piece in zbrush, and its pushing 4 million polys.
Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Thu, 12 April 2012 18:24 UTC]

Re: Polygon limit [message #46877 is a reply to message #46875 ] Thu, 12 April 2012 18:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TomZ  is currently offline TomZ
Go to my shop
Yes, the limit is one million triangles (not polygons) per model uploaded to Shapeways. If you absolutely need more than that you can use this trick: http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/564-How-To-3D-Print-H igh-Polygon-Models-with-Shapeways.html
Re: Polygon limit [message #46889 is a reply to message #46875 ] Thu, 12 April 2012 20:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aaronzhu1985  is currently offline aaronzhu1985
Go to all my models
there is a plugin that's included in zbrush called declaymation master. look it up on youtube, you won't be dispointed
Re: Polygon limit [message #46895 is a reply to message #46877 ] Thu, 12 April 2012 22:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar extruder  is currently offline extruder
Go to all my models
thanks, i'll try that out.
but i don't understand:

"the volume of the cube needs to be the same actual material volume, no bounding box."

what does that mean?

Previous Topic:FUD - does it degrade in UV light ?
Next Topic:nothing special

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.