Home » Support » Bug Reporting » unknown_size error when updating files
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
unknown_size error when updating files [message #46741] Tue, 10 April 2012 17:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar MeatballRocketry  is currently offline MeatballRocketry
Go to my shop
I'm finding this to be a bit frustrating. All but two of the last several models I've attempted to upload (to replace existing models) have yielded an email indicating "unknown_size" error.

Netfabb shows no errors. When uploading, I indicate millimeters and state a reason in the dialog box, but the unknown_size error gets returned within a few minutes.

This was mostly for file updates, but I also tried uploading a new file and got the same error.

Josh T.
Re: unknown_size error when updating files [message #46743 is a reply to message #46741 ] Tue, 10 April 2012 17:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Vague emails are on the chopping block. I'd try emailing the files to service@shapeways.com to see if they can tell you what exactly is going on.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: unknown_size error when updating files [message #46744 is a reply to message #46743 ] Tue, 10 April 2012 17:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks.

Josh T.
Re: unknown_size error when updating files [message #46784 is a reply to message #46744 ] Wed, 11 April 2012 06:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey Shapies!

Unfortunately we had a bug in our system yesterday Sad
To make a long story short: the settings for the maximum bounding have accidentally been changed to something different.

This caused all uploads from getting processed correctly and ended up with an "unknown size" error.

However, as soon as we spotted this error we fixed it right away.

All new uploads should work again!

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience Smile

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: unknown_size error when updating files [message #46796 is a reply to message #46784 ] Wed, 11 April 2012 11:33 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks, Mitchell. I'm just glad it wasn't on my end of things. Smile

Josh T.

Previous Topic:alumide 32.80 per square inch?
Next Topic:blog commenting?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.