Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Glow in the Dark Strong And Flexible
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Glow in the Dark Strong And Flexible [message #4671] Thu, 28 May 2009 20:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar aws357  is currently offline aws357
Go to my shop
Laughing Don't ask me why. It's a sudden idea I had.

Rolling Eyes I wondered if the white strong and flexible material powder existed in a "glow in the dark" version.

See what I mean? Smile
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Phosphorescence.jpg/540px-Phosphorescence.jpg
Re: Glow in the Dark Strong And Flexible [message #4763 is a reply to message #4671 ] Fri, 05 June 2009 15:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
There are some awesome paints that would help you get this effect!

http://www.hobbyglow.com/

-Whystler

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: Glow in the Dark Strong And Flexible [message #4766 is a reply to message #4763 ] Fri, 05 June 2009 17:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Nshortino  is currently offline Nshortino
Go to my shop
I've been considering making light fixtures using shapeways, which i then would put LEDs or other bulbs in after receiving them. This idea would be cooler though, and a more practical use of Shapeways that anyone could make without having to add electronics into it later.
I think people have asked before as well about printed models using more than 1 material. How cool would it be to print a sculpture in black with glow in the dark features (eyes, etc). I really hope all that can be possible in the future.
Re: Glow in the Dark Strong And Flexible [message #4773 is a reply to message #4766 ] Fri, 05 June 2009 21:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
Dude!

That is an awesome idea! thanks for the link Whistler!

(Us really g33ky people get excited about such little things as glow in the dark LOLZ Laughing )
Re: Glow in the Dark Strong And Flexible [message #5191 is a reply to message #4671 ] Sat, 11 July 2009 19:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bugattibuilder  is currently offline bugattibuilder
Go to all my models
Perhaps Shapeways could do a small scale test using their powder mixed with phosphorous additive.

If they would like to do that, I can direct them to a supplier of those materials. I used these additives in another application, and they worked fine there. They are available in a greenish variant, and a blueish variant.
Re: Glow in the Dark Strong And Flexible [message #7883 is a reply to message #5191 ] Wed, 25 November 2009 04:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DerekC  is currently offline DerekC
Go to all my models
I found glowing powder. It is called luminophore. Check it out. http://luminophore.org

[Updated on: Wed, 25 November 2009 04:52 UTC]

Re: Glow in the Dark Strong And Flexible [message #7886 is a reply to message #4671 ] Wed, 25 November 2009 13:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
If you want long lasting, riskreactor.com glows for 100 hours but is $19 an oz. Economical is teachersource.com 5.50 an oz.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
icon14.gif  Re: Glow in the Dark Strong And Flexible [message #7978 is a reply to message #7886 ] Mon, 30 November 2009 10:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I think that's a good idea!
Re: Glow in the Dark Strong And Flexible [message #8024 is a reply to message #7978 ] Wed, 02 December 2009 09:23 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Luminophore is used in combination with a lacquer. The lacquer that you use should be appropriate for the type of material you wish to paint: for metal, wood, plastic and the like. index.php?t=getfile&id=1920&private=0

• Attachment: gidbmx1.jpg
    (Size: 63.33KB, Downloaded 878 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 02 December 2009 09:24 UTC]

Previous Topic:correction for pricing FAQ
Next Topic:Rating

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.