Home » Support » 3D Printing » Scientific name for Frosted Detail/Ultra Detail
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Scientific name for Frosted Detail/Ultra Detail [message #46660] Sun, 08 April 2012 21:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar Geonwoo1142@gmail.com  is currently offline Geonwoo1142@gmail.com
Go to all my models
Hi! I'm involved in a program called F1 in Schools and as part of it I have to write a 20-page design portfolio. We got the wheels for our model car here on Shapeways in Frosted detail, and our axles in Frosted Ultra Detail. I would like to feature the real names for these materials in our portfolio. Are they both the same material with FUD just having the machine set to a higher detail or what?
Re: Scientific name for Frosted Detail/Ultra Detail [message #46670 is a reply to message #46660 ] Mon, 09 April 2012 07:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
F1 for Schools is a great program, good luck with your project!
FD & FUD is printed on the Projet HD 3000. Most of the info you need is on the Material Safety Data Sheet linked to from the Frosted Detail material page

Re: Scientific name for Frosted Detail/Ultra Detail [message #46683 is a reply to message #46670 ] Mon, 09 April 2012 13:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Geonwoo1142@gmail.com  is currently offline Geonwoo1142@gmail.com
Go to all my models
Thanks very much, that's a great help! While I'm at it I might plug my team's Facebook page here. We have a cool competition where if you like our page and share our cover photo you can win 2 tickets to Bavaria City Racing Dublin in June Very Happy

Previous Topic:Should I smooth this out first?
Next Topic:quesetion