Home » Community » Work in progress » Dragon Die
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Dragon Die [message #46665] Mon, 09 April 2012 01:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar WillLaPuerta  is currently offline WillLaPuerta
Go to my shop
I've been working for the last three days on a six sided die that transforms into a dragon. It's made of a whole bunch of pieces that are meant to snap together with ball joints and hinges. It's probably the most complicated thing I've designed for Shapeways so far, so I'm very unsure of whether or not it will actually work when I get to printing it out. Here's a link to an animation of how it should work if it does:

http://youtu.be/x4K5KJW3mgs

"I am just a humble servant with a message here for you" Reaper Media on Facebook
Re: Dragon Die [message #46671 is a reply to message #46665 ] Mon, 09 April 2012 08:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Brillant!
Let us know how it comes when you get it printed!

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Dragon Die [message #46678 is a reply to message #46665 ] Mon, 09 April 2012 13:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Looks like it'll have to be a big die?!

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Dragon Die [message #46692 is a reply to message #46678 ] Mon, 09 April 2012 16:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yeah, at the moment it's about an inch and a half each side, but I don't know if it will need a larger size to function.

"I am just a humble servant with a message here for you" Reaper Media on Facebook
Re: Dragon Die [message #48884 is a reply to message #46692 ] Fri, 25 May 2012 00:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
OK, I tried a smaller, simpler, and cheaper design with similar joints to many of those used in this design. It failed miserably but think I learned a few things from my mistakes and adjusted the model appropriately. To test it out I ordered just the head, jaw, and part of the neck. It works!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102134/IMG_0618.JPG

I guess I'll order the rest of it next and see how it all works together.

Re: Dragon Die [message #48930 is a reply to message #48884 ] Fri, 25 May 2012 18:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar arklan  is currently offline arklan
Go to my shop
snazzy. i like the concept.

Previous Topic:Beer Key Fashion Pendant
Next Topic:honeycomb ring

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.