Home » Support » Bug Reporting » autologin to feedback.shapeways.com seems very broken
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
autologin to feedback.shapeways.com seems very broken [message #43439] Sat, 04 February 2012 08:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
I've recently returned to feedback.shapeways.com and found myself commenting and posting there as (variously) marklora13, craigt13, sg_designs and Cassandra as well as myself. I'm sincerely worried about the security implications.

Plus I can no longer log in using the account I had before the Shapeways auto-login ("Giles Williams"), because any attempt to log in defaults to the very flakey Shapeways log-in.

I've raised this as http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2568798-security-bug-in-feedback-shapeways-co m

I am struggling to reliably reproduce the conditions that produce this problem, but finding this very unpredictability a major concern of itself!
Re: autologin to feedback.shapeways.com seems very broken [message #46663 is a reply to message #43439 ] Sun, 08 April 2012 23:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
aegidian:
WOW really? I'm SG Designs. So you are saying that when you'd post a comment, it would post as if you logged in as me? What about when you went to your "My Models" page? Have you heard anything from shapeways about this?

Shapeways:
I guess I stumbled on to this post because I have an issue logging in. Was the facebook login taken down? I have to reset my password everytime I login. Even after I reset my password and change it to a new password. As soon as log out and try logging in using the new password and my username it never legs me in. The facebook login link you had worked perfectly. Do you think this somehow caused the issue aegidian mentioned? With my constant having to reset my password just to login, maybe it caused all that crazyness...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: autologin to feedback.shapeways.com seems very broken [message #46687 is a reply to message #43439 ] Mon, 09 April 2012 14:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
it was a problem limited to the feedback.shapeways.com site - I couldn't see user settings on shapeways.com, but for a while I could see different user settings on the feedback site.

Fortunately, this was fixed fairly smartly by the (independent of SW) feedback site.
Re: autologin to feedback.shapeways.com seems very broken [message #46718 is a reply to message #46663 ] Tue, 10 April 2012 03:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ChristianA  is currently offline ChristianA
Go to my shop
I work here
SG - are you still encountering issues logging in to the Shapeways site?
Re: autologin to feedback.shapeways.com seems very broken [message #46719 is a reply to message #46718 ] Tue, 10 April 2012 03:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Yeah, I gotta reset my password and use the email I get sent to change my password and stay logged in. Shapeways used to have a link to log in using facebook but its no longer there. Why whats up? You having the same problem?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver

Previous Topic:Email and Notifications
Next Topic:alumide 32.80 per square inch?