Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » General Discussion » Codename : STARSHOOTER
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Codename : STARSHOOTER [message #46632] Sat, 07 April 2012 14:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar vaclav.mazany  is currently offline vaclav.mazany
Go to my shop
I Know, it ISN'T related to 3D printing at all Wink but please don't take it as a spam
Well parially, 3D printing earned me enough money to buy a 3D engine for game development Wink

But I thought, that people here, might be interested to know a bit more about what others here up to. If they're not designing for 3D printing.

Today, I've launched this website Taurris.com

It is a web dedicated to my Indie game development. Right now, theres a bit less information. But hey, I just launched it Smile
index.php?t=getfile&id=15976&private=0

If you're interested in Indie Game development in any way. Please take a look and say what you think.
Best regads,

Vaclav

• Attachment: slide_010.jpg
    (Size: 113.56KB, Downloaded 372 time(s))

Re: Codename : STARSHOOTER [message #47229 is a reply to message #46632 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 16:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ChristianA  is currently offline ChristianA
Go to my shop
I work here
Congratulations! Very excited about your indie game project. I myself have a game development background having worked on Guitar Hero, Call of Duty: World at War, and started a studio in Chicago! Congratulations!

I've always wanted to bridge the gap between physical and virtual and I think 3D printing can definitely do that for video-games.
Re: Codename : STARSHOOTER [message #47232 is a reply to message #47229 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 18:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thx... that's a nice background I have to say.
Mine is on Arma, Arma 2 and Truck simulators from SCS amongst the games you might know.

Right now.. my "company" .. is sort of.. "one man army" - basically just me Smile so I'll see how it goes.

Quote:

wanted to bridge the gap between physical and virtual and I think 3D printing can definitely do that for video-games

That's one thing I have in plan, actually. Now I have in plan, to compete amongst other projects on Indiegogo.com and try to gather funds for development and finishing this project.
And for this I want to use 3D printing and actual physical models to propagate it.
Dunno how it will turn out, bud I have faith Smile
IndieGOGO CAMPAING START [message #47937 is a reply to message #47232 ] Sat, 05 May 2012 19:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=16612&private=0

http://www.taurris.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/indie.jpg

Today, I'm starting my campaing on IndieGOGO.com to raise funds for my game Codename : STARSHOOTER.

As I mentioned, I'll be using 3D PRINTING to make the perks for the contributors !

You can find the campaing here http://www.indiegogo.com/starshooter

I hope you'll find all the needed information there, I tried to describe everything as clear as possible.

Here you find some info about the perks, you can get :

Ship Designs
Logo Design

As I'm mentioning in the campaing,
Every help counts !

If you cannot or just don't want to contribute, but this project still interests you, please, spread the word. Tell about Codename : STARSHOOTER to everyone you know, family, friends. If you have your own blog about games, I will gladly read your opinion about the project there. If you're a editor for some internet magazine, please spread the news. Write about it, curse or praise. Any reaction will help me make the game better. Personally I hope, that you wont let me alone in this !

Thank you for your time,

Václav Mazaný

[Updated on: Sat, 05 May 2012 19:52 UTC]

icon14.gif  Re: Codename : STARSHOOTER [message #47940 is a reply to message #47229 ] Sat, 05 May 2012 21:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
ChristianA wrote on Thu, 19 April 2012 16:11

I've always wanted to bridge the gap between physical and virtual and I think 3D printing can definitely do that for video-games.

I wrote a little game about 8 years ago: http://www.oolite.org/about

I have a few models from it here: http://shpws.me/1AGq

I wish STARSHOOTER the great luck I had in finding an enthusiastic and creative community to build a game in.
Codename : STARSHOOTER DEMO is ONLINE ! [message #48691 is a reply to message #47940 ] Sat, 19 May 2012 21:50 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Codename : STARSHOOTER DEMO is online

As I promised, the 1st part of the Boss fight scene is here, and you can play it for free !
Right in your browser or on you Android phone / tablet.

http://www.taurris.com/Demo/images/play.jpg

Be sure to check it out !

And tell me what you think !

And if you haven't contributed for the development yet, you can still do so !

[Updated on: Sun, 20 May 2012 13:14 UTC]

Previous Topic:Making moving parts
Next Topic:finishing the strong and flexible material