Home » Support » 3D Printing » Jewelry design - holes for jump rings
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Jewelry design - holes for jump rings [message #46614] Sat, 07 April 2012 01:06 UTC
avatar babelglyph  is currently offline babelglyph
Go to my shop
I'm looking to get some pendant earrings printed and I'm trying to decide on the best way to join them to a pair of hoop earrings. I would like to simply print a hole (about 1.2mm diameter) through the solid length of the material. I would then pass a jump ring through the hole to connect it to the hoop. Would there be a problem printing this in metal? Would polishing be problematic with such a small hole?

Ideally, I would like to use polished stainless steel for these earrings, as the model doesn't lend itself to hollowness and silver would be cost-prohibitive.

ETA: I've ended up with a new model that seems pretty sound to my eye. I went ahead and placed my order for the earrings in both stainless steel and alumide. This topic is a bit pointless now - sorry about that!

[Updated on: Sat, 07 April 2012 01:53 UTC]

Previous Topic:gourd mold
Next Topic:Printing neon parts out of glass?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.