Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Selling Wholesale
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Selling Wholesale [message #46344] Mon, 02 April 2012 23:39 UTC Go to next message
avatar tdr.innovations  is currently offline tdr.innovations
Go to my shop
I have been approached by somebody wanting to sell our products in their store. So that got me thinking of how I can offer a discount to one particular customer.

I think the only way to do this would be for me to sell them a gift certificate with say a $100.00 face value for something like $80.00 or so. The exact numbers would have to be calculated to be greater than the cost of items but be less than retail value so he can put his markup on the product.

I use a standard % markup for all of my products so it should work out.

Is anybody else doing anything like this? If so, do you have any suggestions?

I know I have seen gift certificates offered by Shapeways before but I cannot find it now. Can somebody send me a link to purchase a Shapeways gift certificate.

Thank You
Tim
TDR Innovations
Re: Selling Wholesale [message #46372 is a reply to message #46344 ] Tue, 03 April 2012 14:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
I had to dig a bit to find it, and wanted to ensure that they were still available:

http://www.shapeways.com/gifts/cards

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Selling Wholesale [message #46387 is a reply to message #46344 ] Tue, 03 April 2012 15:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
You could also make a duplicate item in your shop, set to private, with a different markup than the public one. Then share this private link with them and they'll be able to order it, but no one in the public will see it.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Selling Wholesale [message #46481 is a reply to message #46387 ] Wed, 04 April 2012 21:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tdr.innovations  is currently offline tdr.innovations
Go to my shop
The duplicate product listing might be a good approach to allow me and the retailer to "grow" into this new business arrangement.

I could look and see what are my best sellers and then make duplicates of these listings........this might work out best.

Thank You
Re: Selling Wholesale [message #46506 is a reply to message #46481 ] Thu, 05 April 2012 08:43 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Also if the model geometry and material rules allow, you could have multiple copies of the model within one model file.

Previous Topic:Shop Pictures
Next Topic:Questions for shop owners.!