Home » Support » 3D Design » Tell me what's wrong with my model, maybe?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Tell me what's wrong with my model, maybe? [message #46487] Wed, 04 April 2012 22:04 UTC Go to next message
avatar Hydraulis  is currently offline Hydraulis
Go to all my models
Soo-oo, my very first model (yeah, I'm a newbie, don't kill me) got rejected for "Thin Wall: 0.5" Now I know thin wall is like, the distance from the inside to the outside.. but I need pointers. And if my model can be fixed by just making bigger, I'd like to know how much. Thanks!
here's the model (it's supposed to be a pendant.. heh. don't laugh at me..) http://www.shapeways.com/model/516572/1139da96691a9ca4063e1b 30d82b82fc
Re: Tell me what's wrong with my model, maybe? [message #46489 is a reply to message #46487 ] Wed, 04 April 2012 22:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Did they include a picture with the rejection to tell you where it was too thin?

If they didn't, email customer service and ask them to show you where it's too thin.

If it's just the feet, then you could make them slightly thicker without hurting the design. If it's somewhere else, you may have more work cut out for you.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Tell me what's wrong with my model, maybe? [message #46491 is a reply to message #46489 ] Wed, 04 April 2012 23:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Hydraulis  is currently offline Hydraulis
Go to all my models
Alright, thanks for the help.
Re: Tell me what's wrong with my model, maybe? [message #46505 is a reply to message #46491 ] Thu, 05 April 2012 08:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Its also worth haveing a free copy of NetFabb Basic laying around for measuring models.

Previous Topic:Missing components on upload, for some sizes
Next Topic:Help with Cad to Shapeways Workflow

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.