Home »  » Bug Reporting » Can I Do This?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Can I Do This? [message #46293] Sun, 01 April 2012 18:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar SturdyPeasantWoman  is currently offline SturdyPeasantWoman
Go to my shop
I am about to place an order that includes an item that is actually a series of small shapes connected by a thin line. The idea is that I will cut them apart when they arrive and then make them into a bracelet.

I am afraid it will be rejected due to the thin line, so I wanted to ask if this can be done. I've seen not-for-sale rings that look like they're connected, and I figured that's what that person was going to do with them.

If there's some specific way I should accomplish this, just tell me.

Thank you!

-Sherry

index.php?t=getfile&id=15777&private=0

Re: Can I Do This? [message #46294 is a reply to message #46293 ] Sun, 01 April 2012 18:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Roy_Stevens  is currently offline Roy_Stevens
Go to my shop
I assume this is because you plan on doing these in sterling silver, and you don't want to pay for multiple parts.
If this is the case, it will probably be rejected because it would be nearly impossible to handle this part while in the wax stage. It would be better to arrange them in a circle, and increasing the thickness of the connecting wire. The extra cost of material is negligible compared to the start-up cost. You might also consider a double wire.
If you want to do these in one of the plastics there is no need for the connecting wire, just send them as multiple pieces.

Earl Grey, hot.
Re: Can I Do This? [message #46295 is a reply to message #46293 ] Sun, 01 April 2012 19:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SturdyPeasantWoman  is currently offline SturdyPeasantWoman
Go to my shop
I was actually thinking of stainless steel.
Re: Can I Do This? [message #46297 is a reply to message #46295 ] Sun, 01 April 2012 20:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Roy_Stevens  is currently offline Roy_Stevens
Go to my shop
Stainless allows multiple parts, there is a maximum but it is ambigous. I know of others printing six parts per stainless file. So remove the wires and go for it!

Earl Grey, hot.

Previous Topic:Still No Way?
Next Topic:A New Item for Pop-Up People?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.