Home » Support » 3D Printing » White Strong Flex - Flammability rating
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
White Strong Flex - Flammability rating [message #46060] Wed, 28 March 2012 06:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar Nick Brawne  is currently offline Nick Brawne
Go to my shop
I had a look at the White Strong Flex material data sheet and there is no rating for flammability.

EOS - the manufacturer of PA 2200 (White Strong Flex) also produces a similar product PA 2210 FR which includes a flame retardent. Is it possible to have parts printed in this alternative material?

I need the flammability rating as the part is going to be used inside an electronics enclosure.
Re: White Strong Flex - Flammability rating [message #46070 is a reply to message #46060 ] Wed, 28 March 2012 09:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Simon.Bubb  is currently offline Simon.Bubb
Go to my shop
The flamability data for PA 2200 is on an extended EOS data-sheet (EOS IUM meeting proceedings 2002), and given for the UL94 (3.2mm) test as HB (Horizontal Burning).

While PA 2210 FR exists, to obtain its certified properties requires other changes to the processing, which have the effect of making it substantially more expensive to use.

Previous Topic:Size difference between two very similiar Prints
Next Topic:WSF thickness and flexibility

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.