Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Request/Idea for heat resistant silicone
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Request/Idea for heat resistant silicone [message #45991] Mon, 26 March 2012 12:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar MissStabby  is currently offline MissStabby
Go to my shop
Recently i got an idea,
i have absolutely no idea of how feasable the material is but...

what are the possibilities to create heat resistant silicon models. This would make it possible to design custom shaped cupcake and pie molds.

A few examples of just mass produced shapes:

http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/ol-images/nursery/uploads/2007.08.24.nursery.cupcake.silicone.train.mold.jpg
http://i1.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens17826061module149402292photo_1302278487avon-silicone-pan-mini-he

I would love to be able to make custom shaped cupcake molds, they would also make great gifts.
Re: Request/Idea for heat resistant silicone [message #45997 is a reply to message #45991 ] Mon, 26 March 2012 14:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
It may be more cost effective, if you print the cookie design, than find a heat resistant silicon reason to make the mold with. Or you could make a ceramic dish. Not as much detail, but it is food save and heat resistant up to 500 C or 932 F

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2012 00:19 UTC] by Moderator

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Request/Idea for heat resistant silicone [message #46008 is a reply to message #45991 ] Mon, 26 March 2012 17:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
A while back, Tristan Bethe made a Shoeburger using a mould made from a 3D printed model using a foodsafe silicone, more on Shapeways Blog at Ready to Eat: 3D Printed Shoe Burger

Re: Request/Idea for heat resistant silicone [message #46009 is a reply to message #46008 ] Mon, 26 March 2012 17:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MissStabby  is currently offline MissStabby
Go to my shop
haha that looks awesome,
Though creating those molds from 3d printed shapes seems kind of difficult to pull off for someone with 2 left hands Wink

Previous Topic:shapeways site
Next Topic:Credit to User Accounts rather than coupons

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.