Home » Support » 3D Printing » Possible Dimensioning Error
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Possible Dimensioning Error [message #45833] Thu, 22 March 2012 13:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar BennyT  is currently offline BennyT
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I've just uploaded and ordered (and paid for) my first product! I'm very excited about this, although I'm a bit nervous that I may have made a fatal error when uploading it.

What's causing my nerves to jingle is the price - it's really, really low. I'm using 2012 Autodesk Inventor Professional & when I calculated the volume it was 17012.841 mm^3 which suggested to my newbie mind that the cost would be around about the $24 mark prior to the handing fee being applied (I'm getting it printed in White Strong & Flexible Polished).

The price I was charged (before freight) was $1.53! Level with me guys, how big a stuff-up have I made here?

BennyT
Re: Possible Dimensioning Error [message #45854 is a reply to message #45833 ] Fri, 23 March 2012 03:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
Mhh...

$1.53 - $1.50 (handling fee) = $0.03

( $0.03 / $1.75 ) * 1cm³ = 0,01714 cm³

Yep, seems pretty small. ^^

But as long as it is not "in production", you can contact the customer service and cancel your oder.
Re: Possible Dimensioning Error [message #45855 is a reply to message #45854 ] Fri, 23 March 2012 03:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yeah, I had really hoped that it was me not reading it right, rather than me having stuffed up the upload. Thanks for the tip, the order's still in the 'Accepted' stage, so I've contacted customer service.

Hopefully they'll tell me where I went wrong so I won't do it wrong again Confused
Re: Possible Dimensioning Error [message #45862 is a reply to message #45833 ] Fri, 23 March 2012 11:25 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Just to wrap up here, I did as pfeiffer suggested and contacted cust. service.

They were very helpful - cancelled the order immediately, issued a coupon for the amount that I paid that I can use on my next order, AND provided me with a link that solved my problem.

So, thanks Mitchell, you're the best!

Previous Topic:Judging stress on steel parts in green state
Next Topic:Country of Origin

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.