Home » Community » General Discussion » Colors and sandstone
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Colors and sandstone [message #45702] Mon, 19 March 2012 17:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar bubby9534  is currently offline bubby9534
Go to my shop
It seems that sandstone is the only material with a full color option. But I'm pretty hesitant to order sandstone to order this:
index.php?t=getfile&id=15388&private=0

So basically I'm wonder what is a way that I can get that design onto that model with a strong material. Is sandstone strong enough OR are does any shapies out there use custom sticker services or something? Thanks

• Attachment: flag.jpg
    (Size: 17.30KB, Downloaded 202 time(s))

Re: Colors and sandstone [message #45712 is a reply to message #45702 ] Mon, 19 March 2012 22:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar skatersollie  is currently offline skatersollie
Go to my shop
How big is the model? If it's a minature I don't think it will pass the minmum wall thickness test...I'm having problems with this issue too...I'd like full color, but they only offer in sandstone...And I'd like some heft to my model which I don't know...until it will be printed...

[Updated on: Mon, 19 March 2012 22:22 UTC]

http://www.skatersollie.com
Re: Colors and sandstone [message #45714 is a reply to message #45712 ] Mon, 19 March 2012 22:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Full Colour Sandstone material info
Full Colour Sandstone Design Rules

Stick to the rules and it will probably print ok
Bend the rules and expect a few rejections before success.

Re: Colors and sandstone [message #45716 is a reply to message #45714 ] Mon, 19 March 2012 22:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar skatersollie  is currently offline skatersollie
Go to my shop
It's not i want to bend the rules I just wish there was a way to put full color in plastics..so i could use the colors in 1mm thick walls instead of the 2mm thick walls in sandstone..which can significantly reduce the model in half...basically a color minature....maybe in the next printer version..

http://www.skatersollie.com
Re: Colors and sandstone [message #45721 is a reply to message #45716 ] Tue, 20 March 2012 00:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bubby9534  is currently offline bubby9534
Go to my shop
Well I need it to be a strong model with a moving part so I guess Get Strong and Flexible Polished and then a custom sticker. Thanks

Previous Topic:Upload not showing in my models
Next Topic:Candle Holders!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.