Home » Community » Introductions » Ahoy there me hearties!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Ahoy there me hearties! [message #45299] Sun, 11 March 2012 06:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar bendansie  is currently offline bendansie
Go to my shop
I almost went with 'greetings' - but where is the fun in that... Smile

Well, I've been an active member of the Blender community for several years now so I might know some of you from that realm of the internet. I'm a Zbrush user as well, but not particularly active on their forums at the moment. I've kept my eye on 3D printing and Shapeways for a while, but it's only recently that I've actually got my feet wet so to speak.

So far I've had three designs printed, two of which I can show here, the pirate one being the only one available for sale - for the time being of course. The bird earrings were a gift, so I don't intend to sell those publicly.

http://bendansie.com/jewellery2012/earrings_resize2.jpg

http://bendansie.com/jewellery2012/750_pirate_pendant_fem_1.jpg

There are more photos of the pirate pendant in the 'it arrived' thread and my shop, so I won't post them all again here.

A bit more about myself - I'm from Adelaide, South Australia. I actually had the pleasure of meeting Duann in person last year. Also met Bart in Amsterdam while I'm name dropping. Top blokes. Kicking myself that I didn't organise a trip to the Shapeways office while I was in the Netherlands though. I've met one or two more Shapeways users in Adelaide as well, but give us a shout if we haven't crossed paths yet!

I've been working in 3D / digital production for a few years now, mainly in advertising and entertainment, but fortunately all the people I work with are artists at heart. We are basically all looking in to 3d printing in some capacity, but with a broad range of end goals in mind. Hopefully the rest of the studio will be able to share some stuff in the future as well.

Personally I'm interested in the jewellery applications at the moment, but also other artistic uses such as statuettes. More pirates, sci fi characters, adventurers and other fantastical art to come is basically the plan.

Looking forward to using the Shapeways service more!
Re: Ahoy there me hearties! [message #45321 is a reply to message #45299 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 18:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
Wow!
The detail is incredible. Experienced Zbrush users are capable of some almost unimaginable feats of sculpting. Maybe post these in "It Arrived" as well so people don't miss them.

(Edit) Ah! I should have checked. You just did post them there. Embarassed

[Updated on: Sun, 11 March 2012 18:39 UTC]

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Ahoy there me hearties! [message #45353 is a reply to message #45299 ] Mon, 12 March 2012 11:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bendansie  is currently offline bendansie
Go to my shop
No worries. I'm still getting my head around the finer details of what to post where. In spite of my join date, I'm still relatively new to certain areas of the site.
Re: Ahoy there me hearties! [message #45356 is a reply to message #45299 ] Mon, 12 March 2012 12:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Welcome Ben, if you have a question of where to post, there are some pointers here

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:HELLO ARTISTS CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED
Next Topic:QUESTION OF THE WEEK FOR ALL

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.