Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45161] Fri, 09 March 2012 20:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey all, as I referenced in my post in the Official Announcements section, we've got a big release going live on Shapeways today. This thread is the designated conversation space for community members to compare notes on the changes, or let us know if you think we've missed something.

Members of the product team and I will be watching and documenting issues on this thread, and considering what needs further action. Finally, we all care a lot about our experience on Shapeways, and sometimes its easy to get riled up. Please keep all conversation positive and constructive. Smile

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45164 is a reply to message #45161 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 20:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Download model is not working for me. The file is now unzipped an results in an "invalid stl file".

As I recall, the same problem happened to a group of us on your first update. Wasn't there a line of bad code or something? Any instructions on a work around?
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45166 is a reply to message #45161 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 21:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Man you guys are quick Laughing change the extension from .stl to .zip, unzip. Problem solved

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45167 is a reply to message #45161 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 21:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi Ana,

I already emailed you about a couple of things.

Cheers,
Paul

[edit]
email -> link -> log-in -> homepage... and I just got used to the new (old) way, email -> link -> log-in -> relevant page Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 09 March 2012 21:16 UTC]

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45169 is a reply to message #45161 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 21:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TomZ  is currently offline TomZ
Go to my shop
Bugs:
- Not for sale models have a "from"-price listed on shop page.

Annoyances: (subjective)
- Image thumbnails are "stretched" to be the correct aspect ratio. This makes my images look really crappy. I would prefer if you simply added a white border around them if needed.

- On the main product page, the photo viewer has gray borders around the photo's and thumbnails. It would be much better for me if these were simply white.

- On the right of a product page there is a column for shop details... However, this column is much, much shorter than the product list. Wouldn't it be better to fill up this excess space with more products so the list becomes shorter? (like so: http://prntscr.com/6vh4y)

[Updated on: Sun, 11 March 2012 19:18 UTC]

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45170 is a reply to message #45167 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 21:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
oh well...

what happened to the ability to just browse through the recent uploads... there's only 3 on http://www.shapeways.com/gallery Sad

and the page albeit faster loading is just w a y too spread out - takes a good number of clicks on the scroll bar to get down the page and the rating stars have gone Sad
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45171 is a reply to message #45170 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 21:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar NovastarDesign  is currently offline NovastarDesign
Go to my shop
google analytics is not working anymore after the update of the site
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45172 is a reply to message #45161 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 21:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert

In My Models, I have blued out models that I have deleted in the past few days
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45173 is a reply to message #45172 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 21:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AotrsCommander  is currently offline AotrsCommander
Go to my shop
The "from" price listing seems to have little to no relevance to the actual cost, in either currency (on larger models the "from" price is half the minimum WSF price.)

No obvious way to tell from "My Models" page which models are available to the public (where there used to be the pink basket).

Shop section key words appear to be missing, and the number given in the shop in the "Aotrs is selling X models from this shop section" is completely wrong, giving in one case, 8 models (for a shop section that has only three) and less than the actual number in the others.)
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45174 is a reply to message #45161 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 22:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Clicking on the cart button for a model in My Models does nothing.

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45175 is a reply to message #45174 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 22:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The model 'Spiral Cage by Yanying Designs' shown twice on http://www.shapeways.com/gallery/ says from $4.73, but is not available for sale on the model page.

[edit]
And recent uploads on the same page shows models that are probably not set to public or privately for sale as clicking through to the model page gives Sorry, you don't have permission to perform this action

[Updated on: Fri, 09 March 2012 22:12 UTC]

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45176 is a reply to message #45173 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 22:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DarioScapittaDesign  is currently offline DarioScapittaDesign
Go to my shop
Hi at all,
At first sight the new SHAPEWAYS face looks nice. I've just scrolled right now on my shop using my mobile, everything is ok apart from some pictures on the general list that are stretched. In general it looks more clear and modern, I have just to get used to this new look!
Any way I'll check better tomorrow from my pc, also Google Analytics.
Keep updated!
Dario

Dario Scapitta Design
www.darioscapittadesign.com
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45177 is a reply to message #45176 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 22:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
One question, why on the home page the "Staff Picks" does not change butthere are always the same designer? I think it's better if that list change, to give more visibility at more designer!!

Dario Scapitta Design
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45178 is a reply to message #45177 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 22:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Dario Scapitta Design wrote on Fri, 09 March 2012 22:27

One question, why on the home page the "Staff Picks" does not change butthere are always the same designer? I think it's better if that list change, to give more visibility at more designer!!

agreed, one of my models used to appear maybe one in 4 times... but not any more, maybe because more space is taken up with fewer models Sad
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45179 is a reply to message #45178 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 22:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
...or we are not in the "top seller" list!... Confused

Dario Scapitta Design
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45180 is a reply to message #45179 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 22:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
It used to be a most popular/bought/viewed/picked-by-staff/linked-to alogorithm that displayed somany on the front page, re-freshing the front page would bring up different models (one of mine was in the mix, but not now)
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45181 is a reply to message #45180 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 22:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
popular/bought/viewed/picked-by-staff/linked-to alogorithm seems a more fair, then only staff picks....it are always the same designs
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45187 is a reply to message #45181 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 23:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
On the JEWELLERY section there are two different list, one for Necklaces and one for Pendants/Charms/Beads, but there is no difference between them; I mean, if you clic on Necklaces you can see a lot of charms and pendants. I think is better to put each object on the correct list.

Dario Scapitta Design
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45191 is a reply to message #45161 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 23:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
All my metal items that are available in Silver show that price in the listing, even though they have steel as the default material.

Sorting by price appears to sort by the price of the most expensive material available for that item.

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45193 is a reply to message #45161 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 00:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Image popper doesn't appear to be working, when I click make, I am directed to a plain white screen and nothing happens.
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45194 is a reply to message #45161 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 00:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Did the actual number of ratings get removed from models, and that why none of the models have any stars against them?
http://www.shapeways.com/model/162900/twin-rail-mobius-can-t ake-a-ball-pendant.html had a full bank of 5 stars with a count of 25 against it... now nothing, what's happened?
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45197 is a reply to message #45187 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 00:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Dario Scapitta Design wrote on Fri, 09 March 2012 23:21

On the JEWELLERY section there are two different list, one for Necklaces and one for Pendants/Charms/Beads, but there is no difference between them; I mean, if you clic on Necklaces you can see a lot of charms and pendants. I think is better to put each object on the correct list.

Of all of them, this one I can say is not a bug. This one is shop owners listing items as both.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45198 is a reply to message #45161 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 01:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Clicking to rate a model, once, twice or multiple times does nothing using ie8 or chrome.
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45202 is a reply to message #45169 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 04:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
TomZ wrote on Fri, 09 March 2012 21:21

Bugs:

Tom, are you seeing this on your "Shop" page or on the "My Models" page?

I have a few hidden models. They show under My Designs (with a from.. price) but they're not showing on my public shop page itself.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45206 is a reply to message #45197 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 06:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Sat, 10 March 2012 00:43

Dario Scapitta Design wrote on Fri, 09 March 2012 23:21

Of all of them, this one I can say is not a bug. This one is shop owners listing items as both.

Well at this point, if there is no difference (but for me the difference exist!) betweens Necklaces and Pendants is probably better to have just one section: Necklaces / Pendants / Charms.

Dario Scapitta Design
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45234 is a reply to message #45202 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 11:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TomZ  is currently offline TomZ
Go to my shop
stonysmith wrote on Sat, 10 March 2012 04:23

TomZ wrote on Fri, 09 March 2012 21:21

Bugs:

Tom, are you seeing this on your "Shop" page or on the "My Models" page?
I am logged out. When I look at my shop page there are a few listed, but NFS models that show "from $xx.xx".
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45241 is a reply to message #45234 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 14:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
http://i41.tinypic.com/2f0d7jp.png

line 9
Empty elements must be closed.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 March 2012 21:32 UTC]

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45248 is a reply to message #45161 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 15:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CGD  is currently offline CGD
Go to my shop
I cannot change currency from Euro to USD, and private link function also no longer works.

CGD
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45249 is a reply to message #45161 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 15:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PlainOrb  is currently offline PlainOrb
Go to my shop
Just some questions and suggestions as a shop owner:
* Thumbnail pictures.
Thumbnail gives visitors the 1st impression of my models, before they click on to view detail. So thumbnail is veeeeery important. Here is my suggestion: Allow an independent thumbnail edit section in each model's edit page. Shop owners can upload their best pictures of their items, then corp for thumbnail of each model. But shapeways does need some better graphic definition works. Both thumbnails and major model pictures look ugly and wrinkled.
* On " My Models " page, all prices are wrong, some are even marked " Not For Sale " while it is for sale.
* Is there a link going from "designer" page back to main shop page ?
* I can see obvious wrinkles from the larger images. Does the 700 x 519 pix still work ? I prefer the previous smaller view, it is NOT necessary to get that big.
* If I didn't select certain material, they should not be shown in the drop down list, or it will make visitors confused.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 March 2012 13:22 UTC]

Plain Orb
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45259 is a reply to message #45161 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 18:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BeggarsOutpost  is currently offline BeggarsOutpost
Go to my shop
You guys really need to figure out how we can display the models on the main page without the from price at the bottom of each model.... My models are for display only and are not available to the general public... but I need them to be seen... without any prices... Why would you make a change like that?... It really puts a downer on being able to direct people to my page to check out my stuff... I have my prices that I charge people for my products... you guys come along with your redesign and just throw up some random pricing on my parts that is not even close to either the real cost of the part or the price I charge... I have had to hide all my parts from view now and i am not happy about it at all.............................

[Updated on: Sat, 10 March 2012 18:24 UTC]

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45263 is a reply to message #45161 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 18:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Catwell  is currently offline Catwell
Go to my shop
Small issue but it is annoying, "remember me" isn't working again in the login box.
Also as others have already said the thumbnail stretching is a little off-putting

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/bigbad 3dprinted wargame models
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45271 is a reply to message #45161 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 21:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bdickason  is currently offline bdickason
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi guys,

I just posted something similar in the original launch notification thread.

Thanks for all the feedback, both positive and negative!! We are working on correcting all of the bugs that you have reported and also taking into account some of the individual feature requests as well.

Regarding the Friday release, specifically. We completely agree that a Friday (or weekend) release is not ideal, or the right way to do things. We will do our best to ensure that our future big releases will take place early in the week from here on out.

Finally, one of the items included in this release was the test site so that a handful of users can login and test the release, along with our internal team and developers' automated tests. We pulled the 'launch' trigger too early on this release and didn't give our community enough time to test the site thoroughly. Our bad.

We definitely have room to improve here and will continue to release sooner to the test server and also slowly grow the testing group so that more people have an opportunity to poke holes in the site before we go live.

We will focus our responses on this thread on single individual issues. and are currently cataloguing all of the issues you guys are raising and passing them on to development.

Thank you so much for your patience. We all want Shapeways to be an awesome, reliable, amazing site, and we appreciate you working with us to make that happen.

Director of Product - Shapeways
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45281 is a reply to message #45271 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 23:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi guys,

I wanted to update you on some of the specific issues you've brought up here. I wont be responding to them all right now, but will be clustering them into bite sized chunks, and making a few passes. I'd like to assure you that every bug report and suggestion is being accounted for though. We're currently working on fixes and we will be doing a bug release early next week.

Cadalu -- you reported that the Image Popper isn't working
This is a known issue and we're currently working on it.

novastar -- you reported that Google Analytics isn't working
Is this associated with the Shops page, or the Product Detail page? We were able to fix this on our end, so could you please confirm that you're still experiencing the problem?

stop4stuff -- you reported that clicking on the cart button on the My Model page doesn't do anything
Can you confirm this is still happening, and also let me know which browser it's happening in?

-- you reported that you are seeing models in the gallery which are probably set to private being shown as available
We want to make sure that members privacy settings are maintained and respected and we take this very seriously. At this point we've tried to surface this problem and we'll be continuing to check on this preemptively.

CGD -- you reported that the change from USD to Euro wasn't working.
We tested and weren't able to reproduce this. Can you do me a favor and confirm that it's still an issue?

I'll be following up with further updates.
Thanks,
Ana

[Updated on: Sun, 11 March 2012 00:30 UTC]

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45283 is a reply to message #45281 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 23:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop

novastar -- you reported that Google Analytics isn't working
Is this associated with the Shops page, or the Product Detail page? We were able to fix this on our end, so could you please confirm that you're still experiencing the problem?

I only get a visitor hit on Google analytics in the real time wenn somebody is watching the shop section...i get no hits wenn they are watching a product

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45284 is a reply to message #45283 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 23:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Novastar Design wrote on Sat, 10 March 2012 23:41

I only get a visitor hit on Google analytics in the real time wenn somebody is watching the shop section...i get no hits wenn they are watching a product

Thanks Novastar, we've verified this bug and added it to the 'to fix' list.

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45286 is a reply to message #45161 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 00:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robs_mw  is currently offline robs_mw
Go to my shop
Hi,

Sometimes, the country is shown as UNKNOWN (using FF).
And then the submit button to change it doesn't work either.
see screendump.

BR,
Robert

[Updated on: Sun, 11 March 2012 00:29 UTC]

Rob's Model Workshop
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/rmw
http://robs-mw.com
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45287 is a reply to message #45286 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 00:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
rbos wrote on Sun, 11 March 2012 00:27

Hi,

Sometimes, the country is shown as UNKNOWN (using FF).
And then the submit button to change it doesn't work either.
see screendump.

BR,
Robert

Thanks Robert! I haven't experienced this personally but we'll work on reproducing it reliably and then will promptly fix it Smile

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45288 is a reply to message #45161 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 00:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robs_mw  is currently offline robs_mw
Go to my shop
Hi,

Your 'Most popular' sorting doesn't seem to work (both in shop owner mode as in 'customer' mode), assuming this is based on the amount of stars a product has.

Also some models have a star, but it's not shown in the 'My Models' (shop owner) or (customer) shop main-page view., and/or it seems each model gets a star when you go into the model page (as consumer).

(These or very similar issues might have been reported already in this thread)

You continuously forget about the earlier selected amount of models to view on a page (36)...it always reverts back to 12...inconvenient.

The From prices do seem to make sense to me (reported by others to not be correct).

I agree with an earlier poster that the 700x 519 photos do look a bit granular now.

I only see models which are for sale in my shop, no private models (but I still do see the 'not visible to public' materials -with price without markup of course- after changing currency in IE)

BR,
Robert

Rob's Model Workshop
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/rmw
http://robs-mw.com
Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45290 is a reply to message #45281 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 01:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi Ana,
I'm using IE8. Clicking on the cart button in My Models now adds to the cart.
Cheers,
Paul

[Updated on: Sun, 11 March 2012 01:43 UTC]

Re: Discussion and Feedback on the March 9th 2012 Release [message #45295 is a reply to message #45281 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 04:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to previous message
avatar CGD  is currently offline CGD
Go to my shop
ana wrote on Sat, 10 March 2012 23:24

CGD -- you reported that the change from USD to Euro wasn't working.
We tested and weren't able to reproduce this. Can you do me a favor and confirm that it's still an issue?

Hi Ana,

It still does not work in customer view, but is working now in Edit view:
index.php?t=getfile&id=15264&private=0

PS. Private link still not working.

CGD

• Attachment: snap.jpg
    (Size: 126.23KB, Downloaded 403 time(s))

Pages (3): [1  2  3    »] 

Previous Topic:Shopowner can't order material without enabling it publicly?
Next Topic:zip file as attachment

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.