Home » Community » General Discussion » south by southwest
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
south by southwest [message #44991] Wed, 07 March 2012 02:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar christopherlowe  is currently offline christopherlowe
Go to my shop
hello-

please
please
please

i had no idea that Shapeways was going to be at south by southwest this year.

i am from austin and this time of year is one of my most favorites. it used to be not very much to get a badge for any of the events, and even then i would, like most locals, only pick the events that i wanted to get into. i remember getting into an Imani Coopola show outside where i was first exposed to this show called SOUTHPARK. i will never forget freezing my butt off listening to her spectacular voice.

i know it is just a few days away... but... i was wondering... you guys at shapeways... you got any extra badges left over? i have been given permission by my wife to head to Austin to hang out with you guys and see what is going on. i have never been to the interactive part of the festival and i would love the opportunity to meet new people and find out about their experiences.

i know it is a lot to ask but i know that i can be a tremendous ambassador for the Shapeways cause. in the end i will probly be there anyways- i already told my parents that i was coming as long as i bring the 5 year old so.... yeah... please.

chris

please visit my blog at...
http://chrisshopofmodels.blogspot.com
Re: south by southwest [message #44992 is a reply to message #44991 ] Wed, 07 March 2012 02:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Chris,

Sorry but we do not have any spare badges this year,

Hope to see you there anyway, if you are send us a tweet to find us.

Best of luck

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: south by southwest [message #44994 is a reply to message #44991 ] Wed, 07 March 2012 02:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
Oh man, I just checked the site...that's a $950 ticket, and all hotels are booked solid. It may be cheaper to parachute in.

You could still crash the scene and find some interesting people, I'm sure.

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: south by southwest [message #45000 is a reply to message #44994 ] Wed, 07 March 2012 04:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar christopherlowe  is currently offline christopherlowe
Go to my shop
Bummer...
there any Free things i can get in on?

oh and anybody need a place to stay i can probly hook you up...

family and all...

please visit my blog at...
http://chrisshopofmodels.blogspot.com

Previous Topic:3d modeling blog (for 3d printing)
Next Topic:Batman Movie Masters figure weapons using image popper